By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon's sub $300 console

OUYA 2, is that you?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

So mobile games make a few $$$! Let's make an android games machine, nothing wrong with that in itself I guess but it's really hard to think of it even be mentioned in the same category as the 360, PS3 and Wii, let alone the X1, PS4 and wii U!!

$300! Really, for a micro console. I would recommend to anyone even thinking of getting this to go out and get a 360, PS3 or Wii. There cheaper have a ton of apps and an amazing library of games will great online features. The real competition is all the other android micro consoles.

They are quite confused about their target market. Sure. Now a days console, pc and mobile gaming has some sort of connectivity but they are quite different. Who are they targeting for? Apples or samsungs market? Or console market? They need to clarify that.

daredevil.shark said:
They are quite confused about their target market. Sure. Now a days console, pc and mobile gaming has some sort of connectivity but they are quite different. Who are they targeting for? Apples or samsungs market? Or console market? They need to clarify that.

The media center market...

Prime is $79 a year, not a month o.O

Anyway Amazon certainly has the money to give this a shot. Seems pretty much like a more expensive Ouya though.

Around the Network

We have a dutch saying: Schoenmaker blijf bij je leest.

which means we should stick to what we are good at

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Anything that might drive Android gaming in an even semi-respectable direction is a good thing, in my opinion. Seriously, the current Play store game selection is pitiful, to say the least.

in terms of gaming irrellevant.
just another touch-shit with meh games.

these companies are so big now the can do anything,maybe it will force nintendo and sony to work together one day for a japanese front

the battle for the internet living room is truly on

Above & Beyond

An android console isn't a bad idea. It just needs to have more games. I think amazon could find some success, but I'm not sure. If this one does fail, then andorid consoles are probably dead.