By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get into World of Warcraft

What class did you end up going with?

Also what server?

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

don't do it, you risk getting addicted

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

kitler53 said:

WoW is a very, very, very addictive game.

when you get into the high levels and have a good guild and and good at raiding,...   omg it is the most fun i've ever had playing a video game.   the teamwork and comradery you build and that feeling of accomplishment when you take down that next boss for the first time.  that moment of anticipation as you wait to learn what dropped and that elation you feel when you finally get that one item or set you want.   sooo good.

...which leads to antisocial behavior, job loss, and loss of irl friendships.

the game is great.  the consequences are also great.   so i'll just leave you with this: i have a lot of nostalgia for WoW still to this day but the day my computer crashed was the best day of my life.  it got me to quit WoW and i've refused to put together a PC to this day in fear i'll return.

Jesus that is some massive effect it's grip had on you. I will admit it is really addictive, like I said I've played it since the vanilla client to this day and at most would have not logged in for maybe 1 solid month in between (there were times of less play but would always check in with my guild) but in terms of antisocial behavior I was rediculously bad before wow. I had found it impossible to talk to people irl, but since becoming a raider > raid leader > guild master I've grown in terms of social ability, also the server I started on had a large Irish population so a few of the people I met in the game actually lived close to where we played and became great friends with some people irl who I met first in game. Considering 1 of those people I met in game is now my wife for the past 2 years I really cannot say that WoW has not given me more than I would ever have gotten to experience without having played it, because I know it would be untrue.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Padib what have you done!!!
You should have waited for Everquest next. It really looks like the best new thing to come to MMOs.
BTW I played for years. I have a level 80 Blood Elf Paladin on USEast

Yes, if you want to end up looking like this:

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

It's to late. WoW slowly started losing it's appeal after the 2nd expansion. It was a great game at the time, aimed at hardcore player, now they made it so casual that anyone can suceed to some extent with a few things aimed at the hardcore. The result is that their is two categories, the casuals who all have the same gear and the hardcore who also have all the same gear. Their is nothing for those in between. So either you are super hardcore (like I was) or you will have nothing to distinguish yourself.

The game is still fun (altho I have'nt tried the latest expansion), the game rewards you for doing nothing (unlike before) but since it rewards everybody you still have to be a hardcore to feel special, unlike before where you could be semi-hardore or w/v.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

It's a game evryone should've played at least once imo.
It can be very addictive, but show some self control ;)

I recommend it, it's an amazing experience!

And this comes from someone who clocked in around 3600 hours into the game.
I stopped playing after a few months in cataclysm though.

ganoncrotch said:

Jesus that is some massive effect it's grip had on you. I will admit it is really addictive, like I said I've played it since the vanilla client to this day and at most would have not logged in for maybe 1 solid month in between (there were times of less play but would always check in with my guild) but in terms of antisocial behavior I was rediculously bad before wow. I had found it impossible to talk to people irl, but since becoming a raider > raid leader > guild master I've grown in terms of social ability, also the server I started on had a large Irish population so a few of the people I met in the game actually lived close to where we played and became great friends with some people irl who I met first in game. Considering 1 of those people I met in game is now my wife for the past 2 years I really cannot say that WoW has not given me more than I would ever have gotten to experience without having played it, because I know it would be untrue.

massive doesn't even begin to describe.   i played for about 3 years and my /played return over a year at the end.

The problem with WoW is the community is vile nowadays.

People go for eating breaks or pee breaks during bosses on the random raid finder, or dungeons. They go inactive trying to leech off you. They are full of disrespect and abuse.
It will definitly sour your end game experience.

On FF at least they are quiet most of the time and do their job.

Nem said:
The problem with WoW is the community is vile nowadays.

People go for eating breaks or pee breaks during bosses on the random raid finder, or dungeons. They go inactive trying to leech off you. They are full of disrespect and abuse.
It will definitly sour your end game experience.

On FF at least they are quiet most of the time and do their job.

but the raid finder isn't the full population, there are plenty of awesome guilds which increase your quality of play

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.