By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get into World of Warcraft

padib said:
pokoko said:
Rogue! Go Rogue!

WoW is pretty amazing. I started in vanilla WoW without knowing anything of the lore. What's nifty is that you learn all about that stuff as you play and it's very deep. A lot of quests are basic but some will tell you a lot about the faction you picked. Playing Undead, for example, can make you feel bad for how wicked your people can be but also kind of indignant over how they're treated by the other races.

People can have different goals, as well. Mine was crafting and getting rich. I also enjoyed PVP Battlegrounds and then I finally got into end-game content. Raiding was just too stressful for me, though, and I eventually quit. Others absolutely love it, though, and get way into it. Taking down Ragnaros, who was a big deal back then, is the most memorable moment in gaming for me, as was being one of the first on my server to get a mammoth and a dragon. That mammoth ... geez, I'm getting nostalgic.

Don't worry about a subscription, though. You'll actually save money playing WoW, as you won't have much time to worry about other games. I skipped the start of last generation and didn't get a console until the PS3 Slim--and I never missed it at all until I stopped playing WoW. The sheer amount of content is amazing. It's worth the price and I do not say that lightly.

Nice, this makes me excited. I just got in and chose a Pandaren (I'm a more neutral type anyway) and chose the monk class. I hope it's fun!

They're bad at everything they do :D they are meant to be fun but as a tank they are very breakable and as a healer they are very quirky.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
padib said:
ganoncrotch said:

They're bad at everything they do :D they are meant to be fun but as a tank they are very breakable and as a healer they are very quirky.

Rats, well hopefully I can still make it high level with him. :)
I wanted to be druid pandaren but the class didn't exist for them. I gave in ;)

Druid is only available for 2 Races on each faction Worgen/Night Elf on alliance and Troll/Tauren on the horde side. I have a 90 Nelf and Troll druid haha.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

allblue said:

I googled it, that looked terrible lol. Love the concept art though 

It looks terrible until you play it ;)

padib said:
I'm level 8, how am I doing, is my pace fast or slow?

A chinese player would have already reached max lvl and sold the character by now :D

There is no real time limit on your play in the free version of the game so you shouldn't try to rush it, feel free to enjoy the quests and the starts of profession lvling and remember that each race in the game starts out in another zone with a completely different backstory (not sure if the worgen is available in the free version but their story is pretty awesome) so you can even make another character and have a bounce around on that to see how they came to be a part of the horde/alliance.

Around the Network

Well, I love World of Warcraft. I think now would be a great time to get into it.
Will give you some time to collect and grasp the reins of everything before the new expansion (Warlords of Draenor) comes out.
I first played back in The Burning Crusade expansion, I took a long break and came back to it at the end of 2012 and I've been playing almost every day since.
Many people complain about how much they miss 'old WoW', but really, there have only been a few minor things taken from the game since the beginning. Everything has been made better for the most part. People just don't like it when they see things change. But what do you expect from a huge MMO game like World of Warcraft.

I'd also be willing to add you and level some characters with you, show you around etc. if you do join. :)

-- Lexus ♠

AlexisKaylen said:
Well, I love World of Warcraft. I think now would be a great time to get into it.
Will give you some time to collect and grasp the reins of everything before the new expansion (Warlords of Draenor) comes out.
I first played back in The Burning Crusade expansion, I took a long break and came back to it at the end of 2012 and I've been playing almost every day since.
Many people complain about how much they miss 'old WoW', but really, there have only been a few minor things taken from the game since the beginning. Everything has been made better for the most part. People just don't like it when they see things change. But what do you expect from a huge MMO game like World of Warcraft.

I'd also be willing to add you and level some characters with you, show you around etc. if you do join. :)

Padib being in Canada would most likely be on the US servers I would guess mate, agree with all of your stuff regarding the changes to wow, I mean it's a game built on the Warcraft 3 engine still being played by millions in 2014, how many other Ps2 era games are still going so strong.

What server do you play on btw? Alliance / Horde?

ooh this makes me wanna step back into the game, eu server here tho :D

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

WoW was one of my favorite game experiences ever. The feeling of exploration, the living world, it was all quite awesome. I played it with a girl I was seeing, her brother, my nephews... we could play it with some of us in the same house, others far away and it was great to team together and go on adventures. It was cool to meet random player characters.

I haven't played it in a long time, and I found it has gotten worse. The instant dungeon team maker thing was great to speed things up but it lessened the social aspect of building a team and going out to find a dungeon. They also dumbed down and streamlined the tech tree lessening the character skill customization aspects.

But if you've never played you wouldn't know what you're missing there, so it may still seem awesome to pick it up. I never played for a really long time, just about a year in 2007-8 and again for about 6 months in 2009-10. Great game though, it's good you're trying it out.

WoW is a very, very, very addictive game.

when you get into the high levels and have a good guild and and good at raiding,...   omg it is the most fun i've ever had playing a video game.   the teamwork and comradery you build and that feeling of accomplishment when you take down that next boss for the first time.  that moment of anticipation as you wait to learn what dropped and that elation you feel when you finally get that one item or set you want.   sooo good.

...which leads to antisocial behavior, job loss, and loss of irl friendships.

the game is great.  the consequences are also great.   so i'll just leave you with this: i have a lot of nostalgia for WoW still to this day but the day my computer crashed was the best day of my life.  it got me to quit WoW and i've refused to put together a PC to this day in fear i'll return.