By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - why all the xboxone hate?

I think a Lot of people had a problem with that DRM Microsoft wanted to do. And from what I heard, moat people didn't forgive them because if the 180. Other than that, a lot of gamers are seriously pissed off because of the low specs, the high price and the forced kinect.

Overall, the PS4 is the better system for gamers and on a forum like this, you will encounter mostly gamera. The only thing that could be a Pro for Xbox are exclusive games. But we haven't seen too many of those until now. MS screwed up big time and people let them know that. Just like they did with Sony in 2006. It will get better though.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Not really hate just some point out realities that some Xbox owners pretend don't exist and thus arguments happen.

They got arrogant, ignored their core gaming base, tried to screw the consumer over, released a weaker machine that costs more, and have the worst PR team I've ever witnessed.

#dealwithit

Apart from that, they're golden.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Everyone seems to think their system of choice is hated. I think someone ask this same question about the Wii U just the other day.

Doesn't bother me who "hates" what. It's not that important.

I love my Xbox one and find that currently it is amazing! I have finished Battlefield, COD, DR3, Assassins Creed and Fifa 14.

I need MOAR games now though :( Tempted to pick up powerstar golf for 15 bucks hahah.

Xbox one gets hate, alot of hate because of the launch and the DRM (which was not nearly as bad as people made it out to be) Used games, lesser specs etc.

Around the Network

Nintendo gamers: yeah you know how it feels like...

sony gamers: yeah we rule! what vita? I.. don't... yeah... PS4ever!!!

MS definitely had bad PR with their Xbone reveal and E3 conference. That really got the ball rolling and the fanboys have just kept it going so it's not forgotten

FlamingWeazel said:
oldschoolfool said:

why does it seem that xboxone is getting a bad rap on vgchartz. I'm reading threads about how the xboxone is in stock everywere and nobody wants one. I'm also reading that retailers are actually sending some stock back. From a guy that prefers sony systems,I don't get why the xboxone seems to be getting all this negative attention. Maybe it has to do with the price. I plan on getting one myself at the end of this year,after I've gotten my hands on a ps4 and spend some time with that system. I think the system has great potetintal and some solid games coming it's way. the only legitmate negative thing I can think of is it's price at the current moment,but I think that will change fairly quickly. My question is,do you think the price point is why the xboxone seems to be getting all this negative attention? why can't people just enjoy there system of choice,without hating on other systems? 

Same reason ps3 had a bad rap in 2007 and 2008....

Which was? 

Price?  You can't be referring to games...its game situation is superior to both the PS3 and PS4 at equivelant release periods...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Is it that difficult to undestand? Between anti-consumer policies they tried to enforce, the malpractices of last-gen they ushered in, the failure rate of the 360, the way they slimmed down the number of exclusives in the later years of the 360, the 500 price, the shove-it down your throat kinect, the rushed launch games at full price riddled with micro-transactions like an F2P game, the privacy issues, etc.

Honestly, take your pick. Its more a question of, how can they not?

It's the console war, let it go. people hate on everything to an extent. the xbox one just receives the most atm. there has to be a punching bag, thats how this system works. It;s cool to hate xbox similar to how it's cool to hate:

*Iphone line
*internet explorer
*beats headphones

ect..........basically successful things that will not go way.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)