By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - why all the xboxone hate?

Console wars

Around the Network
starcraft said:
FlamingWeazel said:
oldschoolfool said:

why does it seem that xboxone is getting a bad rap on vgchartz. I'm reading threads about how the xboxone is in stock everywere and nobody wants one. I'm also reading that retailers are actually sending some stock back. From a guy that prefers sony systems,I don't get why the xboxone seems to be getting all this negative attention. Maybe it has to do with the price. I plan on getting one myself at the end of this year,after I've gotten my hands on a ps4 and spend some time with that system. I think the system has great potetintal and some solid games coming it's way. the only legitmate negative thing I can think of is it's price at the current moment,but I think that will change fairly quickly. My question is,do you think the price point is why the xboxone seems to be getting all this negative attention? why can't people just enjoy there system of choice,without hating on other systems? 

Same reason ps3 had a bad rap in 2007 and 2008....

Which was? 

Price?  You can't be referring to games...its game situation is superior to both the PS3 and PS4 at equivelant release periods...

Price was a big one. Sony arrogance(People will get 2 jobs to buy playstation), lack of games (MS had oblivion, ME, Bioshock as exclusives then too), Multi-plats looking and running worse, PSn was not near as good. If you were around then you would know PS3 was the butt of jokes on the internet. Now it's reversed some cannot handle it.

I think console wars just make gamers look immature and childish. I don't get the blind support for a platform and looking for any advantage to rub in your opponent's face. The fanboys of the leading console are always the worst be it Xbox, Sony, or Nintendo.

I bought a PS4. It's cheaper, smaller, has Naughyt Dog and no Kinnect. I don't hate Microsoft and I am not in love with Sony, just Naughty Dog :)

The added features of the XBox One are not interesting to someone who doesn't pay for cable and is not sold on the Kinnect. If I was into online games like Titanfall I would have bought an XBox One.

2 reasons, mandatory Kinect and DRM policies that were going to be implemented.
What people fail to understand was that Sony was going to do the same thing, but backed out when they saw the negative reaction MS got. Go look at PS4 camera videos, you cannot tell me the system was not made to coincide with that thing, it has a lot of neat features and tech demos. Sony saw the feedback to the $500 price tag, so last-minute they decided to un-bundle it.
Whether Sony was going to implement DRM or not is a controversial issue, but I believe they were going to for 2 reasons:
1). Sony were the pioneers of DRM back in the CD days
2). Sony always plays the "me too" game
"Nintendo has an analog stick on their controller? We will too"
"SEGA implemented online on the Dreamcast? We will too on the PS2"
"Microsoft has a FPS that sells millions (Halo)? We will too (Killzone)"
"Nintendo has motion-sensing controllers? We will too"
"Microsoft's new console is bulky, ugly, and looks like a VCR? PS4 will too, but slanted and we'll tell people it was designed by a Japanese man so they'll think it's different and better"
""Microsoft charges players for playing online? We will too on PS4
"Microsoft is forcing camera peripherals and DRM? We will t--Nevermind""

-because the PS4 is producing significantly better multiplat results,

-the PS4 is 100€/ $ cheaper

-some people are still pissed because of the whole DRM / always online (sort of) / no used games debacle

-most launch exclusives are filled to the brim with microtransactions, DLC and not particularly good (maybe aside from the (since it´s reveal) downgraded Forza 5 and Dead Rising)

....do you want me to go on ?

Edit: While this obviously doesn´t excuse some of the more extreme stances, the overall image of the XBone is isn´t just some out of nowhere "mister x media"-conspiracy theory  orchestrated by SonyGaf.

Around the Network

Sony were going to bundle in PS camera, but I am not convinced that they were about to implement DRM policies or ban used games. Console manufacturers need retailers I'm surprised that Microsoft doesn't realize that. That's where people buy most of their consoles. If I wanted an all digital future, I'd be on Steam, but AAA games would destroy my monthly bandwidth allowance in a week.

There needs to be a happy balance between retail and digital. I can download my game day one digitally or I can buy it at a store. I can play single player games offline or online. There was no need for Microsoft to push so hard for digital, especially if they refuse to make digital games cheaper. I know they are thinking about reducing the price. Last I heard there we only 46 million XBL account with over 80 million Xbox 360s sold. That means that over 40% of Xbox 360 sold are not tied to an Xbox Live account.

Maybe some of those Xbox 360s are banned, jtagged, or simply replaced. Take those out and that is still too big a number to ignore.

People will always hate it for the shit ms tried to pull but it's selling well though.

Not quite as powerful as the PS4, but definitely more impressive than Nintendo
Not quite yet reached an established fanbase of the beast that is the PlayStation brand, nor a developed audience of the babies or sheep that of the Nintendo.

Why, they are right on the cutting edge of second place.

magkDan1 said:
Not quite as powerful as the PS4, but definitely more impressive than Nintendo
Not quite yet reached an established fanbase of the beast that is the PlayStation brand, nor a developed audience of the babies or sheep that of the Nintendo.

Why, they are right on the cutting edge of second place.

Babies and sheep of Nintendo ?

Classy stuff right here !

Sony fans are jelous of the kinect and 500$ price.