By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - lock please. see other thread. vinnie's

I was about to do this today hahaha actually lol :)
It's really nice of you to have done this! I'll do the next one promise!

Darkside Kowen? Say wuttttt

I also think the following should be included in the OP for comparison:

Q3 Operating Profit FY2012: 230 million US

Net Income: 420 million US

Important facts:

Animal Crossing 2.7 million sold

3DS sold at profit as of Q2

Wii U impacts results negatively despite 349.99$ price point

Vinniegambini's Q3 Operating Profit FY2013 estimate: 200 million US

Vinniegambini's Q3 Net Income estimate: 150 million US (Minor exchange gains - not enough to offset previous losses from Q1 + Q2)

Important facts:

2DS release (break-even)

Increase marketing and R&D spending by 8% and 15% respectively.

Pokemon shipments likely to hover at 10 million

Wii U still impacts results negatively. Losses are more pronounced due to 50$ price-cut.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
DélioPT said:
I`m surprised we haven`t seen a ND already. Last year it took place 7 days before the results presentation.
Now we are 3 days away and now ND.

This presentation will indeed be one of the most important presentations ever for Nintendo and Iwata.
The Q&A will probably shed some light on Nintendo`s future plans - more than the results presentation itself.
Projections for the next quarter will indicate what games might be coming until March.

I think Nintendo probably realizes this isn't a "here's some new Mario Kart and X footage!" type of solution any more. This situation is far gone from that, investors want a real new business strategy full stop. 

I know, i know.
The thing is, this new strategy can be a lot of things. It could be a change in Wii U`s strategy, a 3rd pillar (more ramifications here).
I just don`t know if Iwata will reveal much this week if the change does involve a 3rd pillar. If it does, i guess E3 will be the place where Iwata will share it - like they usually do.

its just been a year?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Wii U is really a freaking disaster, somehow they managed to make a piece of hardware only moderately more powerful than a 7 year old XBox 360, that still bleeds money even at $350 and even worse at $300 in 2014.

Soundwave said:
Wii U is really a freaking disaster, somehow they managed to make a piece of hardware only moderately more powerful than a 7 year old XBox 360, that still bleeds money even at $350 and even worse at $300 in 2014.

It´s like the system was intentionally sabotaged from the start.

Around the Network

Tagging for the criez and the doomz.

Iwata's credibility has dropped to abysmal levels. No one in their sane minds would trust another word that comes from him. Forecasting impossible numbers that even common people in the streets would discredit, and doing it so for 6 consecutive months, is borderline criminal.

What can they do to please investors and at the same time draw in more consumers? If they had the miracle recipe or the magic lamp, they would have used it by now.

So, read this. Nintendo has nothing in their power to revert the situation if they keep on doing what they have done until today. Which means:

1) Nintendo will absorb all terrible losses and start anew next gen.
2) Nintendo will indefectibly kill the Wii U to launch a new console ASAP, thus destroying forever their loyal, most hardcore fanbase.
3) Nintendo will go a third route while maintaining the Wii U and 3DS alive.
4) Nintendo will exit the home console market.

These are basically their options. Theres no number 5) Nintendo will make the Wii U a success.

Not gonna happen, so brace yourself for very bad news.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

kowenicki said:
Vinniegambini said:

I was about to do this today hahaha actually lol :)
It's really nice of you to have done this! I'll do the next one promise!

Darkside Kowen? Say wuttttt

I also think the following should be included in the OP for comparison:

Q3 Operating Profit FY2013: 230 million US

Net Income: 420 million US

Important facts:

Animal Crossing 2.7 million sold

3DS sold at profit as of Q2

Wii U impacts results negatively despite 349.99$ price point

Vinniegambini's Q3 Operating Profit FY2014 estimate: 200 million US

Vinniegambini's Q3 Net Income estimate: 150 million US (Minor exchange gains - not enough to offset previous losses from Q1 + Q2)

Important facts:

2DS release (break-even)

Increase marketing and R&D spending by 8% and 15% respectively.

Pokemon shipments likely to hover at 10 million

Wii U still impacts results negatively. Losses are more pronounced due to 50$ price-cut.

It says dark site actually.... neogaf.

what are these numbers?  same quarter last year?

I'm confused because this year is FY 2013, last year was FY 2012

Yup same quarter as last year! Sorry put wrong FY numbers.

Aww c'mon, I like both websites.

Look for their stock to get a nice bump on Thursday. Investors are stupid, they're going to cream their pants as soon as they hear Nintendo is supporting iOS/Android, even if its just mini-games.

carlos3189 said:
I'm excited cause everyone knows that when Nintendo struggles is when gamers win

When they struggled with the Gamecube, gamers lost.