By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - lock please. see other thread. vinnie's

curl-6 said:

I didn't miss the GC days; they made me virtually quit gaming for years because of how disappointing they were. Sure, it had some gems like Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, F Zero GX, but it also saw the butchering of Zelda, 3D Mario, and Starfox, and the lowest point in Nintendo's overall output quality.

I know everyone has their own opinions and is fully entitled to them but Twilight Princess was, while annoying in its attempts to be 'gritty' which at times made it feel NEARLY generic but it was still a good game (its world with Skyward Sword's graphics, puzzles, and controls would be dreamy)... it just felt hollow given that it was the follow up act to Wind-Waker which had managed to achieve Ocarina level brilliance... but Wind-Waker was also a Gamecube title.

I hope that the new game is borrowing cues from Wind-Waker, it did sooo much right that Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword kinda struggled with.

Around the Network
Twilord said:

I know everyone has their own opinions and is fully entitled to them but Twilight Princess was, while annoying in its attempts to be 'gritty' which at times made it feel NEARLY generic but it was still a good game (its world with Skyward Sword's graphics, puzzles, and controls would be dreamy)... it just felt hollow given that it was the follow up act to Wind-Waker which had managed to achieve Ocarina level brilliance... but Wind-Waker was also a Gamecube title.

I hope that the new game is borrowing cues from Wind-Waker, it did sooo much right that Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword kinda struggled with.

You're barking up the wrong tree. Curl thinks Wind Waker is garbage. He hasn't been institutionalized yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Twilord said:
curl-6 said:

I didn't miss the GC days; they made me virtually quit gaming for years because of how disappointing they were. Sure, it had some gems like Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, F Zero GX, but it also saw the butchering of Zelda, 3D Mario, and Starfox, and the lowest point in Nintendo's overall output quality.

There were very few things about Wind Waker that I thought it did right; the sailing nearly put me to sleep, the dungeons felt rushed, and the ruppee grinding ultimately made me quit the game as it just wasn't fun.

I think what he means is that investors and stock holders will presure the company into pushing more games into development.

Net income: 9.6B yen
Operating income: 21.70B yen

Shipments:
WiiU: 1.95M: Now at 5.86M Lifetime as of December 30th
3DS: 7.76M: Now at 42.74M lifetime as of december 30th

Software:

WiiU: 29.37M Lifetime
3DS: 152.29M lifetime

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network

Locking!

Locking by request.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.