By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - lock please. see other thread. vinnie's

Meltdowns are coming. I hope the good sis Nintendo™ is fine.

Around the Network
supernihilist said:

PFFFFFFF

Out of the 21m GC users 6M+ and 4.5M+ bought Zelda and Mario. Were also universally acclaimed by the media. Just look at Metacritic scores and user scores.

Adventures IS DInosaur planet period. The content of the game is the same in high percentage. Your just mad and stubborn because you liked Starfox shooter style more OK we get it. Adventures is a different game. and a good one by the way. Dont be a kid deal with it.

LOL Adventures has nothing to do with Banjo Kazooie please dont make yourself look like a fool.

@Boldedunderlined...

LOL raise the series to greatness yeah, look at it now....pretty great isn it?

Again youre alone amongst core gamers. Be happy living in your island.

Using the gaming media to back up your opinion does not lend it much weight, reviews are just opinions and game journalism as a whole is an embarrassment to the profession.

And if you want to talk numbers, look at GC's: 22 million consoles, less than even the original Xbox.

Adventures was the beginning of Rare's fall from grace, the first properly bad game. There's no nuance to it, no cleverness. Mash A to win fights. Find cog in boring environment while some of the worst voice acting of the generation assaults your ears.

RE5-6 failings do not apply to RE4, they're more the result of the 7th gen's lean towards mindless action. RE4 predates this detrimental trend.

And not only are there several people in this thread alone who agree with me, but if I was alone, so what? I don't need other people to validate my opinion, I am confident in my own judgement.

curl-6 said:
supernihilist said:

PFFFFFFF

Out of the 21m GC users 6M+ and 4.5M+ bought Zelda and Mario. Were also universally acclaimed by the media. Just look at Metacritic scores and user scores.

Adventures IS DInosaur planet period. The content of the game is the same in high percentage. Your just mad and stubborn because you liked Starfox shooter style more OK we get it. Adventures is a different game. and a good one by the way. Dont be a kid deal with it.

LOL Adventures has nothing to do with Banjo Kazooie please dont make yourself look like a fool.

@Boldedunderlined...

Using the gaming media to back up your opinion does not lend it much weight, reviews are just opinions and game journalism as a whole is an embarrassment to the profession.

And if you want to talk numbers, look at GC's: 22 million consoles, less than even the original Xbox.

Adventures was the beginning of Rare's fall from grace, the first properly bad game. There's no nuance to it, no cleverness. Mash A to win fights. Find cog in boring environment while some of the worst voice acting of the generation assaults your ears.

RE5-6 failings do not apply to RE4, they're more the result of the 7th gen's lean towards mindless action. RE4 predates this detrimental trend.

And not only are there several people in this thread alone who agree with me, but if I was alone, so what? I don't need other people to validate my opinion, I am confident in my own judgement.

Praising RE4 and bashing old RE,  Zelda WW and Mario Sunshine must be the most ludicrous, stupid and ignorant thing ive read in a long time on the internet. congratz.you are clueless.your tastes suck to me ill ignore you.

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post.

supernihilist said:

Praising RE4 and bashing old RE,  Zelda WW and Mario Sunshine must be the most ludicrous, stupid and ignorant thing ive read in a long time on the internet. congratz.you are clueless.your tastes suck to me ill ignore you.

It's perfectly logical; I praise a game with impeccable design, and condemn those that make cripplingly poor design choices.

curl-6 said:
supernihilist said:

PFFFFFFF

@Boldedunderlined...

You know all the changes to the game were dictated by Nintendo right? I actually really enjoyed Starfox Adventures still, but that wasn't the beginning of Rare's fall from grace, all the problems with that game were a direct result of Nintendo shoehorning a new IP into an existing franchise.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
curl-6 said:
supernihilist said:

PFFFFFFF

@Boldedunderlined...

You know all the changes to the game were dictated by Nintendo right? I actually really enjoyed Starfox Adventures still, but that wasn't the beginning of Rare's fall from grace, all the problems with that game were a direct result of Nintendo shoehorning a new IP into an existing franchise.

I don't deny that Nintendo had a  hand in it. I just believe that Rare did a poor job of executing an already poor idea.

curl-6 said:
supernihilist said:
curl-6 said:
carlos3189 said:
I'm excited cause everyone knows that when Nintendo struggles is when gamers win

When they struggled with the Gamecube, gamers lost.

No. They bought RE series completely for 3 years. They made Namco make a exclusive Tales of..game. They created Luigis mansion and Pikmin. They co-operated with SEGA on the ARCADES and created F-Zero GX which is a masterpiece...+ GC got a lot of good multiplats

GC days were great days...im sorry you missed them..

I didn't miss the GC days; they made me virtually quit gaming for years because of how disappointing they were. Sure, it had some gems like Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, F Zero GX, but it also saw the butchering of Zelda, 3D Mario, and Starfox, and the lowest point in Nintendo's overall output quality.

You could have got the PS2 if the GC was so disappointing

Only four hours to go, correct?

I have no idea. I assumed the release came at 3:00 AM EST, but apparently everyone is thinking 4:00 AM EST, now?

AshKetchum1992 said:
curl-6 said:

I didn't miss the GC days; they made me virtually quit gaming for years because of how disappointing they were. Sure, it had some gems like Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, F Zero GX, but it also saw the butchering of Zelda, 3D Mario, and Starfox, and the lowest point in Nintendo's overall output quality.

You could have got the PS2 if the GC was so disappointing

I did have a PS2, still do.