By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - lock please. see other thread. vinnie's

TheLegendaryWolf said:
supernihilist said:
curl-6 said:
carlos3189 said:
I'm excited cause everyone knows that when Nintendo struggles is when gamers win

When they struggled with the Gamecube, gamers lost.

No. They bought RE series completely for 3 years. They made Namco make a exclusive Tales of..game. They created Luigis mansion and Pikmin. They co-operated with SEGA on the ARCADES and created F-Zero GX which is a masterpiece...+ GC got a lot of good multiplats

GC days were great days...im sorry you missed them..

Even with all those great games, they still couldn't pull good sales. Atleast they pulled a great profit though, unlike the U.

point is GC was great for the core gamers which is the point im trying him to understand

Around the Network
supernihilist said:
curl-6 said:
carlos3189 said:
I'm excited cause everyone knows that when Nintendo struggles is when gamers win

No. They bought RE series completely for 3 years. They made Namco make a exclusive Tales of..game. They created Luigis mansion and Pikmin. They co-operated with SEGA on the ARCADES and created F-Zero GX which is a masterpiece...+ GC got a lot of good multiplats

I didn't miss the GC days; they made me virtually quit gaming for years because of how disappointing they were. Sure, it had some gems like Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, F Zero GX, but it also saw the butchering of Zelda, 3D Mario, and Starfox, and the lowest point in Nintendo's overall output quality.

curl-6 said:
supernihilist said:
curl-6 said:
carlos3189 said:

I didn't miss the GC days; they made me virtually quit gaming for years because of how disappointing they were. Sure, it had some gems like Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, F Zero GX, but it also saw the butchering of Zelda, 3D Mario, and Starfox, and the lowest point in Nintendo's overall output quality.

Starfox Adventure or Starfox Assault?

TheLegendaryWolf said:

Hated them both, especially Adventures. That game was a poisoned knife stabbed in the heart of a once great franchise.

curl-6 said:
supernihilist said:
curl-6 said:
carlos3189 said:

LOL thats your opinion. nothing factual here.and highly debatable. i have all three games you listed as bad in my top for that era. in the very top.specially Mario and Zelda.so does the majority of people honestly. youre pretty much alone there.

and please RE4 is OK was great back then but is not a proper RE game. its a shooter.a good one , but nothing more. old RE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RE4>RER>RE5 any core gamer will agree on that.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:

Hated them both, especially Adventures. That game was a poisoned knife stabbed in the heart of a once great franchise.

lol ok. for me Starwing and Starfox64 are OK shooters and little more. Adventures is Dinosaur planet 64 with a Starfox skin and filler shooting sections between levels....WHICH IS AWESOME.

Starfox Adventures>Dinosaur Planet 64>>>>>Starfox 64

supernihilist said:
curl-6 said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:

lol ok. for me Starwing and Starfox64 are OK shooters and little more. Adventures is Dinosaur planet 64 with a Starfox skin and filler shooting sections between levels....WHICH IS AWESOME.

What about StarFox Assault? It wasn't as bad as many put it out to be.

curl-6 said:
carlos3189 said:

GameCube was for me the last time Nintendo consistently produced a wide variety of high quality content. I hope they go back to that on Wii U.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

supernihilist said:
curl-6 said:

LOL thats your opinion. nothing factual here.and highly debatable. i have all three games you listed as bad in my top for that era. in the very top.specially Mario and Zelda.so does the majority of people honestly. youre pretty much alone there.

and please RE4 is OK was great back then but is not a proper RE game. its a shooter.a good one , but nothing more. old RE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RE4>RER>RE5 any core gamer will agree on that.

Of course it's my opinion, I wrote it.

And I'm not pretty much alone; GC's low sales show it was not universally loved. As for RE, I'd argue that RE4 raised the series to greatness after years of being held back by terrible controls and awkward fixed camera angles in RE1-3.

As for Adventures, its pretty much what you'd get if you took Zelda/Banjo Kazooie, stripped away every ounce of cleverness and creativity, dumbed down the combat system to just mashing one button to win, and threw in some of the worst voice acting of the 6th gen.

TheLegendaryWolf said:
supernihilist said:
curl-6 said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:

What about StarFox Assault? It wasn't as bad as many put it out to be.

No. It was a nice shooter honestly. On foot missions were a bit clunky. but it had nice on rails parts and ship battles

still

Starfox Adventures>Dinosaur Planet 64>>>Starfox 64 3D>>Starfox 64>Starfox assault>>>>Starwing