By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata isn't Nintendo's problem. It's Miyamoto

oniyide said:
Soundwave said:
DevilRising said:
gigaSheik said:

they've released alot of big guns already

Thats not entirely true. What big guns have they released other than 2D/3D Mario?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Wii Fit/play, Pikmin 3, yes im using that because thats what people were saying PRIOR to it coming.

Nintendo hasn't found a way to sell that Wii U Tablet controller. There's no game that utilizes in a way you are just drawn to it. Wii remote was great, but Wii U controller, no one gets it. Developers don't know any interesting ways to make people get it.

This is going to be a very turbulent generation for Nintendo. 3DS is their safety cushion to break the Wii U freefall.

As a long time Nintendo fanboy, I'm very very concerned and I'm sure Mr. Iwata is even more concerned.

A good headline to generate clicks but imo stupid.

Miyamoto was always the driving creative force behind nintendo.
Before Iwata turned out to be the big boss Nintendo was producing one IP after another.
Since he came its almost only recycling and milking of the most productive IP's and turned nintendos developers into a creative assembly line work.
Since he is the boss miyamoto made no really new ip.

If you really think Miyamoto is the problem just wait until he retires and watch Nintendo going down while trying to produce games with miyamoto fun but delivering soulless games.Maybe still of good quality but not worthy to be remembered

zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
Soundwave said:
DevilRising said:
gigaSheik said:

they've released alot of big guns already

Thats not entirely true. What big guns have they released other than 2D/3D Mario?

monster hunter,dragon quest,zelda hd

all those bigguns pushed 3DS sales 

Around the Network

Just another day on the stupid videogame press. Just another cynical and nonsense article about Nintendo

Someone in Eurogamer is in desperate need of attention..... and lots of clicks so they can justify the amount of money they charge from advertisers for putting their brand banners on it.

That´s the only pourpose of that article, if we can even call this an "article". And even more impressive is seeing people actually buying this.

I don't know who's to blame but otherwise the article seems pretty spot on. It's a long way of saying Nintendo needs an innovative killer app but it'll do. It's just pretty hard to see who's at fault from here as we don't know the exact details. It could be Miyamoto who's sticking to the old formulas, or it could be someone from a higher levels that's instructing him to stick to the tried and proved formulas.

Fifaguy360 said:
Nintendo hasn't found a way to sell that Wii U Tablet controller. There's no game that utilizes in a way you are just drawn to it. Wii remote was great, but Wii U controller, no one gets it. Developers don't know any interesting ways to make people get it.

This is going to be a very turbulent generation for Nintendo. 3DS is their safety cushion to break the Wii U freefall.

As a long time Nintendo fanboy, I'm very very concerned and I'm sure Mr. Iwata is even more concerned.

oh they got it, they just dont care.

Miyamoto isn't a "problem" per se, its the way that Nintendo uses him that is.

As has been stated, he oversees software development at most if not all of Nintendo's software develop teams. He gets to shoot down ideas that he disagrees with, and greenlight ones that he does. I bet a lot of interesting ideas that could have been made were rejected because Miyamoto disapproved of them.

There is no doubt that Miyamoto is a genius software developer, and that's where Nintendo should be using him. Put him in charge of his own studio and allow him to develop his own ideas as he chooses.

Fifaguy360 said:

Its shocking, how Nintendo just threw something out there like "here, go make something" to 3rd parties, and Nintendo themselves can't make anything compelling with it.  Don't get me wrong, off tv play, little eshop titles and VC  is awesome on the pad, and second screen is very convenient, but its NOT a ssystem eller, its more of a peripheral/side product that should be optional.  

Nintendo's sick prideful stubborness on insisting graphics don't matter, is the cause of the U's downfall.  People don't take their product seriously, as its not seen as a worthy upgrade to PS360.  Nintendo should have put all the power they could, kept the $350 launch deluxe, but sold gamepadS (plural...stronger system supports more) separate.