By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 will sell 200 million console sales this generation?

I only read "will this" and "will that". Where's the data to back up this claim?
Seems like a clickbait thread.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

No, there is no way. 100M+? Quite possibly but nowhere near 200M.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Egann said:
DonFerrari said:
Egann said:
200 million units? 45 million more units than any console has sold in the history of ever?!

Really, the generation is too young to call on anything. There IS a twist coming from Nintendo, and I'm pretty sure Microsoft won't take being the dog too long once Balmer's ousted. In the meantime you might get the next calendar year or so right, but there's just not enough information to come to a meaningful LIFETIME sales prediction.

Zelda U might be hailed as the best game in the history of ever and make the Wii U sell 50 million units in one year. Ubisoft could push a Kinect game which actually WORKS. The PS4 could get hacked and drop ten million credit card numbers on the web. We just don't know.

Why so much hate for Sony??? The only bad hypothesis you made were for PS4

Why not have a hypothesis where Knack or Kanack 2 put the charts in flames./jk

I'm not really hating them so much as I'm saying the inertia won't be consistent. The PS4 does look to be this gen's big success story because Sony has all the inertia, ergo a massive Sony success is not actually likely to change the story of the generation. A massive doozy is another story.

I was joking, I understood your point... But why not use hyperbolis to Knack solding 50M???

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

PS4 will sell an average of 20 million console systems over the next 10 years with peak years selling  25 million in its 3rd, 4th and 5th years with 4th year peak of 30 million console systems.

The PS4 can reach 100 million sales during 2018 before it reaches its 5th year aniversay. Become the fastest selling console of all time eclisping both Wii and PS2 to 100 million sales.

PS4 will sell double the combined sales of Wii U and XBox One. The PS4 will finish above 70% total market share and replicate the PS2 generation. 8th generation should sell over 300 million console sales and improve upon the total sales of 7th generation.

The PS4 has a large range of exclusive game series that will help boost PS4 sales. Multi-platform games will sell a lot more on PS4 and PS4 sales will be boosted by multi-platform titles.  The PS4 will sell 1.5 to 2 million sales in its peak sales week during Xmas periods in its peak sales years.

PS4 will sell 15 million in 2014.
PS4 will sell 20 million in 2015.
PS4 will sell 25 million in 2016.
PS4 will sell 30 million in 2017.
PS4 will sell 25 million in 2018.
PS4 will sell 20 million in 2019.
PS4 will sell 15 million in 2020.
PS4 will sell 50 millions more sales after the  PS5 arrives in 2020.

Price cuts in 2015, 2017 and 2019 will boost PS4 sales and exclusive games and multiplatform games will ensure the PS4 easily sells over 150 million and pushes towards 200 million life time sales target.

Quoting the whole op.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

I too believe the home console market has peaked with the Wii/PS3/X360. That was 260 million total. There are just too many other ways to play/entertain yourself these days, with unknown marvels on the horizon probably in testing as we speak. The PS3 sold 80m and that is their base customers. Same with the 360. Wii was a little different, bringing in nongame families but that might have passed now. The world economy is still crappy, and might even go back in the down direction. I don't think the 4 has a chance of selling 100k a week every week for the next 10 years. I will predict 80m PS4s, 60mXBOs and 50m WUs. Next gen to start in 2017.

No just no .maybe 100 million

The market is not in the right kind of environment for PS4 to have PS2 sales. PS4 has more competition that can actually compete and the console market has shrunk since the days of the PS2. Furthermore, Those predictions are absolutely ridiculous. I think the PS4 will be lucky to reach 100 million.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Jon-Erich said:
The market is not in the right kind of environment for PS4 to have PS2 sales. PS4 has more competition that can actually compete and the console market has shrunk since the days of the PS2. Furthermore, Those predictions are absolutely ridiculous. I think the PS4 will be lucky to reach 100 million.

Has it? Says who?

Anything can happen, but it is highly unlikely.

I can see Ps2 numbers

1doesnotsimply