By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Spindoctor Aaron Greenberg: "Reporting Can Get Confusing, But We Did Sell 3.9"

TimCliveroller said:
DonFerrari said:
When december was over and 3M seemed good they used sell through, but then Sony announces 4.2M and it doesn't look so hot anymore so let's go to 3.9M shipped. That is spin.

If now Sony says it shipped 4.5M will Ms count consoles on the ships and factory to equalize it?

How would you the summation of different generation consoles?

Sorry i didn't understand, english isn't my first languague, could explain?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

LMAO at ms executives they need to just STFU seriously, pinello was at it again to.

Sold, not SOLD THROUGH. Big difference.

RolStoppable said:
crissindahouse said:

hehe

Anyway, can it really be called spin when the person in question has no idea what they are talking about? A lot of people are jumping the gun by assuming that Aaron Greenberg has the brains to do that, but if Jack "Vita sales are acceptable" Tretton is anything to go by, then such people should never be given too much credit.

Wonder that you didn't have to hear "stay on-topic"

DonFerrari said:
TimCliveroller said:
DonFerrari said:
When december was over and 3M seemed good they used sell through, but then Sony announces 4.2M and it doesn't look so hot anymore so let's go to 3.9M shipped. That is spin.

If now Sony says it shipped 4.5M will Ms count consoles on the ships and factory to equalize it?

How would you the summation of different generation consoles?

Sorry i didn't understand, english isn't my first languague, could explain?

I regret - typing mistake. How would you define the summation of different generation consoles? 

I do find your reply quite rude.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Around the Network
Somini said:
TheSting said:
BMaker11 said:
daredevil.shark said:
Somini said:
daredevil.shark said:
Why on earth these people are still employed in such big coprporations?

Because they can spin like this!

He and phil spenser are good example. Phil said, Xbox One is three times (later six times powerful) than xbox 360. The pawa of cloud, DRM, no DRM, free headset, no headset etc. These people are really terrible in PR. He doesnt even understand the difference between shipped and sold.

Even the milder, more likable one (Major Nelson) is pretty bad. Remember when he said "We can't just flip a switch to turn off the DRM. The console was built around it"...then flipped the switch two days later?

Dat spin

Wrong lol. If it was as simple as you are trying to make it they wouldn't have shipped needing a update. The consumers also needed a internet connection. It wasn't a flip of switch at all.

It was a flip switch allright. The made a patch available and voila, problem solved!

Why take the chance if someone doesn't have an internet connection? They tried that and the backlash forced them to change it. This wasn't a simple flip. If it was they would have taken it out before it was shipped. I don't think it was simple but if you all do then go ahead. No worries

crissindahouse said:
DonFerrari said:

No, they only released their financial statement yesterday, that's why they only talk now about what they sold (3.9m) and not what retail sold (around 3m).

You expect that they talk about their own numbers a month before they release their numbers? This makes no sense.

This is really not that hard to understand. 

It also means that the next quarter will look worse in their financial statement as it would if sold to consumers would be higher since retail needs less new consoles to have enough for their customers.

They knew the 3M from day one updates and other methods on December 31st but not the shipping number?

One week they use sell (to customer) the next use sell (to retail) without being specific and you want to say spin wasn't the reason?

And the worst is that he pretended not to know he was spinning and when called out act as if they weren't using the same words with different meaning a week earlier. And even patronize the guy who expose his spin.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

MS is so arrogant, Power is a numbers game period, the PS4 clearly has an advantage that is never going away, period. 1 is greater then 0 always will be.

The theatre comment was pure bull and arrogance from greenberg, must think people are idiots.

PS fans. Spin, Spin, Spin

MS fans. Totally legit numbers

this is comical

DonFerrari said:
crissindahouse said:
DonFerrari said:

No, they only released their financial statement yesterday, that's why they only talk now about what they sold (3.9m) and not what retail sold (around 3m).

You expect that they talk about their own numbers a month before they release their numbers? This makes no sense.

This is really not that hard to understand. 

It also means that the next quarter will look worse in their financial statement as it would if sold to consumers would be higher since retail needs less new consoles to have enough for their customers.

They knew the 3M from day one updates and other methods on December 31st but not the shipping number?

One week they use sell (to customer) the next use sell (to retail) without being specific and you want to say spin wasn't the reason?

And the worst is that he pretended not to know he was spinning and when called out act as if they weren't using the same words with different meaning a week earlier. And even patronize the guy who expose his spin.

Who said that they didn't know it? They simply don't report their own numbers before their financial statements which is pretty obvious. Before they release THEIR sales numbers they talk about what retail sold when they talk about sales numbers. That's why they called it "sold to consumers".

With the same logic you call Microsoft out I could do the same with you. I could say that you spin what Microsoft said to let them look bad. They first talked about sold to consumers numbers before they released their finacnial statements. Now someone from Microsoft talked about sold numbers one day after their financial statement because it simply is what Microsoft sold and you try to tell everyone it is a lie or spinning

Who exactly is spinning the truth? They to let them look good or you to let them look bad? I wouldn't be too sure about that...

I mean, what do you ask Microsoft for? Not to talk about their sales just because it's not the number retail sold? Seriously? What's next? Changing their revenue numbers even if they got the money because the console is still on shelves?