By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Spindoctor Aaron Greenberg: "Reporting Can Get Confusing, But We Did Sell 3.9"

ioi said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

My opinion is he intentionally left out the explination of sold and sold to retail for obvious reasons.

It is your right to an opinion of course, but you have provided zero evidence to actually support it.

It is just a hunch which seems to be based more on your personal allegiance than any hard facts or analysis of what was actually said.

This is where the issue lies in these forums unfortunately and what I mean about seeing things with an open-mind, logic and reason.

not sure what your getting at but i have no personal allegiance

Around the Network
Hynad said:

Anti MS people spinning something to validate their unreasonable aversion for the company.

An other regular day in VGC land.

Being a Sony guy first, I must say I'm really starting to dislike my brethrens. 

LOL at your sig.  WTF haha.

GribbleGrunger said:
What the hell are MS doing to themselves?

I think he played with the expression shipped and sold to retailers. Wich means the same thing actually...

But it shouldn't have say this lol.

ioi said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

This is you opinion anh he is entitled to his, just becayse you oerate the site dosent give you the right to tell others they are wrong and can't have an opinion.

No it isn't my opinion, it is a fact. Greenberg didn't say anything that was wrong or that was misleading. It isn't a case of my opinion vs someone elses, it is a case of what somebody said and it is there in black and white for all to see.

I'm not saying "I like game X" and someone else says they don't like it and I'm saying they are wrong. This is a totally different situation. Somebody said something in black and white that can only be read one way.

i feel it's misleading in the way that you, aaron, and I all know that the distinction between shipped and sold is not at all obvious or well known to the general public.   his statement wasn't wrong but he was on twitter,.. i believe the term is lie by ommission.

shipped vs. sold is a timeless subject and frequent source of confusion for noobies...

Of course he will say 3.9 mil sold which is still correct. He won't say sold to retailers though.

in before lock! oh yeah!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5