By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider On PS4: "Same Game, Frame-rate Stutters, Lara Still Plastic Looking" Says Early Buyer

FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:

I wish some users would understand that when someone says 60fps is the aim, and its not locked that it will often drop to below 50. This is why he notices stutter. So like I originally said. I fully expect the average of PS4 frame on DF to be 45 - 50 and Xbox One 35-40.

Both not locked, but both confirmed above 30 all the time and below 60 all the time.

GT6 sufferes stutter, and averages 45-50 on DF.

I would actually of preferred they lock the games at 30 fps. Hopefully the One version you dont notice the stutter as much because it never hits 60.

LMAo only you would try to spin this to downplay the gap. The ps4 is at 60 FPS 95% of the time, this from the game rpoducer himself, no way is it an 45 average then it would not be 60 would it. You can expect waht you want, it won;t be reality.  The one will be close to 30, ps4 60, thats just fact, both will fluctuate a bit then go back to norms.

Link please?

Because if the framerate does actually go below 50 often - I'd rather have it locked at 30.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:

I wish some users would understand that when someone says 60fps is the aim, and its not locked that it will often drop to below 50. This is why he notices stutter. So like I originally said. I fully expect the average of PS4 frame on DF to be 45 - 50 and Xbox One 35-40.

Both not locked, but both confirmed above 30 all the time and below 60 all the time.

I would actually of preferred they lock the games at 30 fps. Hopefully the One version you dont notice the stutter as much because it never hits 60.

LMAo only you would try to spin this to downplay the gap. The ps4 is at 60 FPS 95% of the time, this from the game rpoducer himself, no way is it an 45 average then it would not be 60 would it. You can expect waht you want, it won;t be reality.  The one will be close to 30, ps4 60, thats just fact, both will fluctuate a bit then go back to norms.

He really does have a special "talent".. Oh my! x}

I can't figure out if selnor is delusional or just plain ignorant?

selnor1983 said:

so much wrong with this post. stutter is not a result of 60 -> 50 fps, that's not even noticeable. stutter is either frames dropped or dip below 30fps (hence why this is the lower bound and requires *locked* rate)
anyway it's a travesty they are charging 60 bucks for a game I picked up half a year ago for 24.

Those arguments are pretty much moot. All he argues is against buying for people who already own a copy for previous consoles. So what he's saying is not that it's not worth $60 but that it's not worth additional $60 if you already played it.

For everyone else who has a ps4 and a previous console and has not played the game it's obvious to take the PS4 version over the other.
Nothing to see here.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Framerate stutters.

Must be running at higher than 60 FPS!

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Which version is which? I think the middle one looks the best.

Dallinor said:

Which version is which? I think the middle one looks the best.

PS3
PS4
PC

The PC version have better hair but the face in PS4 looks better (they changed the face in the new versions).

too bad the game barely looks on par with uncharted

mM

But, it is the same game....that's a fact not an opinion.

If the PS4 had a cache of other new games available, then I wouldn't consider getting Tomb Raider against for $60 for the graphical update

However, the PS4 game library currently is pretty pitiful. When Tomb Raider arrives for it next week, it will be the highest reviewed full retail PS4 game on the system.

I mean it is a 9+/10 game, while Killzone Shadow Fall is a 8+/10 game

Furthermore, Killzone is a FPS, while Tomb Raider is Action / Adventure

I want to play Action / Adventure... like Uncharted 4, and that is not even coming in 2014... so I'll just take that Tomb Raider upgrade in the interim. Thanks