By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider On PS4: "Same Game, Frame-rate Stutters, Lara Still Plastic Looking" Says Early Buyer

Every 60FPS game which has dips (even to 59FPS) do stutters.

99% of 60Fps games do stuttter: COD, Metal gear Rising, BF4 etc.
You'll have stutters with this game on a PC with a Titan card.

It doesn't mean anything. If the game sustains 95% of time at 60fps, it's enough for most people to call a game smooth 60FPS. And most importantly, the low input lag.

And we already knew that this game would have occasionnal stuttering because of the dips from 60fps original information. We already knew it was the same game with just updated textures and cool new hair.

EDIT: "The framerate stutters here and there" confirming then that the dips are only occasionnal and that the game sustains 60FPS, thank you!

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:

I wish some users would understand that when someone says 60fps is the aim, and its not locked that it will often drop to below 50. This is why he notices stutter. So like I originally said. I fully expect the average of PS4 frame on DF to be 45 - 50 and Xbox One 35-40.

Both not locked, but both confirmed above 30 all the time and below 60 all the time.

GT6 sufferes stutter, and averages 45-50 on DF.

I would actually of preferred they lock the games at 30 fps. Hopefully the One version you dont notice the stutter as much because it never hits 60.

LMAo only you would try to spin this to downplay the gap. The ps4 is at 60 FPS 95% of the time, this from the game rpoducer himself, no way is it an 45 average then it would not be 60 would it. You can expect waht you want, it won;t be reality.  The one will be close to 30, ps4 60, thats just fact, both will fluctuate a bit then go back to norms.

Call it what you want. I dont relish the reports coming in of frame rate stutter. I wouldd have preferred My Xbox One version lockedd at 30 if its in the Xbox version to. Wait for Digital Foundry before calling facts. People promised  GT6 was 60fps, but that dips often well below 50.

globalisateur said:

It doesn't mean anything. If the game sustains 95% of time at 60fps, it's enough for most people to call a game smooth 60FPS. And most importantly, the low input lag.

And we already knew that this game would have occasionnal stuttering because of the dips from 60fps original information. We already knew it was the same game with just updated textures and cool new hair.

EDIT: "The framerate stutters here and there" confirming then that the dips are only occasionnal and that the game sustains 60FPS, thank you!

GoW III do stuttter?

Welcome to the next gen.

Porcupine_I said:
Excellent! I hope people take his advice. The less people buy it, the greater the chance of it comming to PS+

You sir are an evil genius!

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
globalisateur said:

GoW III do stuttter?

Yes. Every game that is not 100% locked to 30fps or 60fps does stutter (only when there are dips of course). This kind of stuttering is created by our brain and could be resolved if monitors/TV had fluctuating frequencies synced with the game.

But when your game constantly never reaches those 2 framerate caps (like God of war franchise) it will constantly stutter but it may still feel perfectly smooth and responsive like KZSF or GOW.

But really this stuttering may not even be noticed by most people. We are used to it. And it won't prevent a game to be good or to look great.

selnor1983 said:

I wish some users would understand that when someone says 60fps is the aim, and its not locked that it will often drop to below 50. This is why he notices stutter. So like I originally said. I fully expect the average of PS4 frame on DF to be 45 - 50 and Xbox One 35-40.

Both not locked, but both confirmed above 30 all the time and below 60 all the time.

I would actually of preferred they lock the games at 30 fps. Hopefully the One version you dont notice the stutter as much because it never hits 60.

Is this the evidence you were looking for?  This "Early Buyer" didn't specify differences between the Xbox One and PS4.  He said this was a slight upgrade to the PS3/360 version, and not worth $60 if you already had the game.  Which I agree.  You got frame rate differences between definitive versions from THIS?  *smh*

There are already comparison videos showing the game looking markedly better than the last gen versions, so to say that it doesn't look that much better is false. To say it doesn't look good enough to re-buy it at $60.00 is pretty accurate though in my opinion.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
There are already comparison videos showing the game looking markedly better than the last gen versions, so to say that it doesn't look that much better is false. To say it doesn't look good enough to re-buy it at $60.00 is pretty accurate though in my opinion.

EXACTLY.  The spin that some of you guys put for the Xbox One to "win", whatever that means, is...ridiculous.

MonstaTruk said:
selnor1983 said:

Is this the evidence you were looking for?  This "Early Buyer" didn't specify differences between the Xbox One and PS4.  He said this was a slight upgrade to the PS3/360 version, and not worth $60 if you already had the game.  Which I agree.  You got frame rate differences between definitive versions from THIS?  *smh*

Selnor went to the same spin school as albert pinello and Aaron greenberg