By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever Sold a Gaming System and then Regretted it?

Muffin31190 said:
sub-zero-TM said:
Yes..

care to elaborate ?

I sold my 360 for some tablet and i regret it, not because of my 360 i got bored of it i had nothing to play anymore, but because that tablet was a total piece of crap. 

Around the Network

Yip..... My 8bit Nes. Sold that and the games for the Genesis. Did it to raise money.... regretted it after. Don't get me wrong the Genesis was awesome but I miss my entire library of games that was only available on the Nes like the Gold cartridge Zelda... Contra and Super C.... Double Dragon 1 2 & 3.... River City Ransom.... Batman by sunsoft (First time I was introduce to the wall jump)...... Mario 2 & 3.... Power Blade...Bionic Commando... Castlevania 1 2 & 3 .... Ninja Gaidens... Punch Out ....TMNT 2(Played like the arcade and 4 players)....Skate or Die 2.. Al Unser Junior Turbo Racing....G.I Joe(The one with the stage system like Bionic Commando).... Super Off Road... Karnov(the music is still in my head lol)....R.C pro-am.... Shadow of the Ninja.... Shatterhand.... Tecmo Wrestling.... Punisher (by LJN).... Nintendo World Soccer.....Yeah I got carried away but to name a few.

I learn that GREAT games will always remain that... even on older tech. I sold my Sega Master System because I got the converter for the Genesis. Zillion 1 is one of the best games I ever played.... Shadow Complex and Metroid can pay homage to that.

I took my time and saved for future systems instead of selling the old ones off I'm glad I learn that lesson earlier than later. Since I have gotten after the Genesis... Snes ... 32X(Did not have many games but played Doom ... to death) Saturn(Over 50 games. Capcom Arcade and Snk fighters ran better) I played Dragon Force .... to death.... Panzer Dragon series were great... also got some Japanese games with a converter.... Dreamcast (I have over 40. Great games for it's short life... I still feel Test Drive Le Mans is one of the best racers of all time Graphics still holds up)... Xbox ....Xbox360(Have lots of games for this system as well arcade games alone over 60.... boxed games over 40). Have a back log of games to play don't have the time like the good ole days.

I never got back a Nes.... was too much hassle and expense sourcing those games I mentioned and it got harder to get the model Nes I wanted.... got the 1st Xbox modded so I can conveniently play the Nes games..... also the Genesis and Snes... without having to dust them off. Still would prefer to have the original stuff kept from the days back then. But I never will sell off a system again.

never sold any of my gaming consoles. have them all since atari handheld till now

Hey Dane that is cool ... there were a few on Atari I liked.... Ms Pacman... Atlantis....River Raid..... Demon Attack... Defender.... Missile Command... Dig Dug... Pole Position... Enduro... Snoopy and the red baron.... Cosmic Ark. The sound failed on my system I had one of the sleek later models.... never bothered with it anymore after I got the Nes. I still do wish I had one around.

I sold Wii U and now i will regret it a little when Smash Bros and Zelda for wii u come out, but otherwhise i don't have enough money to buy games for Wii U and Xone at the same time so i did what had to be done

Around the Network

I've only sold my Wii and DS, came to regret it a few years down the line.

Only ever sold one system. I sold the NES to get a SNES. I regretted it as I had to save up my pocket money for 2 years to get my NES. Thankfully I was re united with the NES this Christmas. I will never sell another console.

Never. Had to think about it to. It's been a lot of years.

Nope. I regret hoarding stuff too long until it's worthless. I still have some PS1 games that I haven't used in 15 years.

I'm pretty quickly selling off my gen 7 stuff, like I'm selling my 360 with all games, Wii, and I've sold over 20 PS3 games. Keeping only stuff I really want to keep playing. If I want to play something again, can always buy it again.

My 8th gen collection

My mw3 le 360, was quite nifty, but don't think I should have kept it as I wasn't playing it anyway. Just get regret sometimes, and at the end of the day I play PC more and might get next gen console, when more software is out an after launch lab rats verify if anything is wrong with the consoles

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.