By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YOUR 5 most overrated games of last generation

Assasins creed (series) - not hating I just cannot get into these games.

Around the Network

5. MGS4. Tried a few times to play the game, it's just so dated and boring as fuck gameplay wise. I loved MGS and MGS3. This game blows though.

4. Last of Us. It has amazing MP, but the SP is extremely generic and boring. You're better off watching the SP on Youtube via cut scenes and just playing the awesome MP.

3. GTA IV. Boring, lifeless city and a SP that went on wayyyyyyyyyyyy too long. GTA V is superior in virtually every way imho.

2. Mass Effect 2/3. I dug the more RPG-ish original in the franchise. The sequels were dudebro'd up and made into basically 3rd person shooters with a little RPG thrown in.

1. Super Mario Galaxy. Widely heralded as the best game of the gen, I personally just could not get into it. The game was repetitive and boring to me.

5 - Assassin's creed - I really dont liked the first one.
4 - Crysis - Back in 2008 nobody never talked about the game itself,just the graphics.
3 - Call of Duty - I can believe people buy this game over,and over,and over.
2 - Resident Evil 5 - This game should be a flop so capcom would return the franchise to the Survival Horror genre.
1 - GTA 4 - I can believe this game get 97 on metacritic.It was a letdown in comparison with San Andreas and Vice City.

all the Cod and AC games. Nuff said

This thread makes me sad... Everybody is bashing my favorite games of this generation, metal gear, gears of war, mass effect!

Around the Network

Halo 3 & 4
Killzone 2
Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
GTA4
Heavy Rain

In no particular order these were MY most overrated games of the gen.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Uncharted 1 2 and 3

Bioshock
Call of Duty
Wii Sports
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Little Big Planet

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

GTA V slightly overrated

fps_d0minat0r said:
lol at the ps3 exclusives being mentioned by people with nintendo sigs.

I mentioned a grand total of two PS3 exclusives, and they fact that they were Sony games is incidental; it's their design philosophy that earns them a place on the list.