By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YOUR 5 most overrated games of last generation

Just wanted to see what some people think. I am going to going in least to most. 

5. Bioshock Infinite. Loved the first. The second was trying to hard to be emotional and mindfuck me at the same time. Plus Troy baker is a fantastic actor but the charm of the original was the silent lead. 

4. Madworld - I love Platinum Games. But from my standpoint. Madworld was their weakest game I've played. The style was there but the substance was very, very suspect.

3. Sonic Generations - Honestly, the padding of the "challenges" was what killed the game for me. I like Colors but this game could (should) have surpassed it in every way.... it didn't. I do love the retro music though. 

2. God of War Ascension..... This series was the reason I have my PS3......and this game is the reason I will be waiting to see the games before I buy a PS4. 

1. Metal Gear Solid 4 - Man oh man!!! This game was the biggest let down of the generation for me. I got the PS4 late and anyone who knows me knows how much I love this series. I've been playing it since 91 on NES. This game was such a kick in the nads that I will not be buying Ground Zeroes or Phantom Pain

at launch ;p

Around the Network

5. Crysis 2
4. Assassins Creed 2
3. Assassins Creed 3
2. batman arkham asylum
1. Tomb Raider

God of war ascension overrated?
That's a first

5.- Bioshock

4.- God of War 3

3.- L.A Noire

2.- Halo: Reach

1.- Mario Galaxy 2

1, Super Mario galaxy
2. Super Mario galaxy 2
3. GTA IV (Loved V though)
4. Journey
5. Killzone 2

By the way, 3 of your choices don't make sense, I would assume the games should be at least in the mid 80s to be qualified for overrated. 3 of your games are at 77, 80, 81.

Around the Network

1) Bioshock - I just cant stand this game.
2) Crysis 2 - frame rate makes it unplayable, yet it gets praised for graphics.
3) Boringfield 3 - Campaign boring, realistic? hell no. flashing uncookable grenades lol....
4) Mass effect 2 (apart from story, everything else was below average...AI, graphics, sound, controls...literally everything else)
5) NFS most wanted - NFS was playable but come on...unless youre 5 years old, its not even challenging in the slightest even with its cheap AI.

5) The Last of us

4) Bioshock Infinite

3) Minecraft

2) Wii Sports

1) Mass Effect 3

Obviously Cod and BF and etc are overated as fuck and etc so they shouldnt even be mentioned

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

1. GTAIV
2. Zelda Skyward Sword
3. Gears of War
4. Tomb Raider
5. Castlevania Lords of Shadow

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

#1 - Bioshock Infinite
#2 - Tomb Raider
#3 - The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series
#4 - GTA Series
#5 - Uncharted Series

While none of the games I mention aren't necessarily bad, I do feel theyre overrated
5. LoZ: Skyward Sword
4. Black Ops 2
3. Batman Arkham City
2. Xenoblade Chronicles
1. Skyrim