By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YOUR 5 most overrated games of last generation

5. Mario Galaxy series.- I honestly can see why theses games are claimed to be GOG by so many people.

4. Skyrim.- Its Huuuuge, there is no story, gameplay is awful, it looks dated but its HUUUGE.

3. Mass Effect 2.- Jesus saving the universe seems odd. Besides, this game its completely meaningless in the trilogy.

2. FFVII.- i love the series but seriously people, is no that good.

1.-Zelda Ocarine of time.- I know isn't fair to judge this game by modern standards, but imo isn't fair either to use nostalgia as comodin card to downgrade modern games, and for some reason OoT still is considered the best game of all time by most people =S

Around the Network

5. The Last of Us (Still great but overrated)
4. Bioshock Infinite
3.Mario Galaxy 2
2. Borderlands
1. Any CoD or BF

the-pi-guy said:
curl-6 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
lol at the ps3 exclusives being mentioned by people with nintendo sigs.

I mentioned a grand total of two PS3 exclusives, and they fact that they were Sony games is incidental; it's their design philosophy that earns them a place on the list.

Technically only one of them was a Sony game. 

Ah, yes, MGS 4 is third party, my bad.

5 - Gears of War series
4 - Assassin's Creed 3
3 - The WiiU
2 - Battlefield 3
1 - All COD games

5. Xenoblade Chronicles-Excellent game, but people act like it's the greatest RPG ever and it's not by a long shot.
4. The Last of Us- Deserved a lot of the praise it got, but I've literally heard it being called gaming's Citizen Kane moment and it just isn't.
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2- A watered down version of the first game. Not bad, but not up to mainline 3D Mario standards. My least favorite 3D Mario by orders of magnitude.
2. GTA V- Not a bad game, but I really don't get why it's the fastest selling game ever. It's not that good.
1. Minecraft on consoles- I'm sorry, I'll never understand why it's so freaking popular on consoles. So long as you have a decent PC it's an infinitely better experience.

Around the Network

1. Halo 3
2. Halo 4
3. Halo Reach
4. Halo 3: ODST
5. Halo Wars

BUNGIE did the right thing ditching Halo. For all the critical acclaim the franchise got. It didn't win GOTY. To top it off. It lost out to Journey. Yes. An indie game beat out one of the most popular FPS franchises of all time.

BUNGIE knew EXACTLY when to move on. DESTINY looks to be the "real deal". Bring it! :D

5)Wii Sports: For me it wasn't as revolutionary as everybody says it is, controllers were really imprecise and I stopped playing after some days

4)LittleBigPlanet: I don't why but I didn't enjoy it, didn't like the level design and the level editor was hard to use. But I think LBP2 improved everything that I didn´t like about the first

3)The Walking Dead: The characters and story are great, but I was disappointed because the decision really don't affect the game, you can chose some character's fate but overall the story was the same.

2)Arkham City: I remember reading "this game will make you feel like batman". But the "city" size is disappointing, the main plot was not as good as the first one, I never felt the city was alive. I think is a good game but I like more the first Arkham

1)Super Mario Galaxy: This game is excellent but is far away from being the best game of the generation, I don't think it revolutionized plataformers

1. Far Cry 3.

2. Dishonored.

3. Batman Arkham City.

4. Rage.

5. Fallout 3.

5) Batman: Arkham City - Good game. Just wasn't as good as the first one.

4) Little Big Planet - Never clicked for me. Floaty physics, lack of challenge and not particularly fun to play. Creative and charming little game though.

3) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Unbalanced gameplay - multiplayer, horrible design choices and terrible single player campaign. GOTY material, apparently (won 50 GOTY awards).

2) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Played 40 hours of the Skyrim, then gave up. Never did get back to it. Fast travel ruins any sort of adventure, story generally uninteresting and gameplay generic as hell.

1) Grand Theft Auto IV - No explanation needed :P

GTA V
The LAST of US
COD: MW3
Zelda Twilight Princess (DIS COUNTS RIGHT?)
LITTLE BIG PLANET.