By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Warzone! Ukrainian anti-government protests.

Mnementh said:
mai said:

Yanukovich will be giving a press-conference tomorrow, smth is going to happen...

Yes, war. Ukrainian forces are gathered for military drill and american fighter jets are relocated to Poland. While russia cements it's position and invades one ukrainian military post on crimea after another. On sunday the referendum is planned. I think some people will not agree to let that happen, so war may break out this week.

American jets? Unlikely, in August 2008 the worst they managed is AWACS sniffing aroun in Turkey airspace. Though reading through posts of an army of Ukrainian internet warriors I've realized that NATO have prepaired a few nukes, aircraft carrier, death rays and a Death Star for the occasion.

On a serious note, when Yanukovich speaks, he doesn't actually speak out for himself (that's not his first press-conference) -- it means that guys from Kremlin want to say smth. What? I hope smth that might rule out the situation without excessive bloodshed, but if Ukrainian army is willing to die in suicide run -- because I don't see any other outcome of the military assault on Crimea -- so be it. That'd make a "lovely" picture for TV cams out there, probably that's the whole idea -- let people die.

Around the Network
mai said:
Mnementh said:
mai said:

Yanukovich will be giving a press-conference tomorrow, smth is going to happen...

Yes, war. Ukrainian forces are gathered for military drill and american fighter jets are relocated to Poland. While russia cements it's position and invades one ukrainian military post on crimea after another. On sunday the referendum is planned. I think some people will not agree to let that happen, so war may break out this week.

American jets? Unlikely, in August 2008 the worst they managed is AWACS sniffing aroun in Turkey airspace. Though reading through posts of an army of Ukrainian internet warriors I've realized that NATO have prepaired a few nukes, aircraft carrier, death rays and a Death Star for the occasion.

On a serious note, when Yanukovich speaks, he doesn't actually speak out for himself (that's not his first press-conference) -- it means that guys from Kremlin want to say smth. What? I hope smth that might rule out the situation without excessive bloodshed, but if Ukrainian army is willing to die in suicide run -- because I don't see any other outcome of the military assault on Crimea -- so be it. That'd make a "lovely" picture for TV cams out there, probably that's the whole idea -- let people die.

I'm talking about this: http://www.nationalturk.com/en/ukraine-crimea-conflictus-send-twelve-fighter-jets-to-poland-breaking-news-48208

Maybe I'm currently fearing too much, but I have real worries something might happen until sunday.

Anyways, I agreee yanukowich probably has some veiled message from the kremlin.

And yes, Icurrently can't see ukrainian military win a fight, even with some air-support from the US. I also don't think the US will get completely involved in such a war, that would be too risky. But a big bloodshed at the russian borders with russian troops involved could be good propaganda-material, so I think the US might be willing to risk a small war.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

http://crustgroup.livejournal.com/100287.html claims that Saakashvili is officially in Ukrainian HQ as an "expert in military operations against Russian army". I'm not sure how trustworthy his sources (the guy lives in Ukraine, I used to read him on topics about energetics, energy markets etc. -- he wrote good stuff from layman's point of view -- but it's all about Ukrainian crisis now), but if true... this's f**king farce (let alone how much of an "expert" he possibly could be). Though  if I'm not mistaken  CNN has interviewed Georgian ex-president recently, a man responsible for starting a war not so many years a go, so I'm probably expecting too much from Ukraine.

mai said:

http://crustgroup.livejournal.com/100287.html claims that Saakashvili is officially in Ukrainian HQ as an "expert in military operations against Russian army". I'm not sure how trustworthy his sources (the guy lives in Ukraine, I used to read him on topics about energetics, energy markets etc. -- he wrote good stuff from layman's point of view -- but it's all about Ukrainian crisis now), but if true... this's f**king farce (let alone how much of an "expert" he possibly could be). Though  if I'm not mistaken  CNN has interviewed Georgian ex-president recently, a man responsible for starting a war not so many years a go, so I'm probably expecting too much from Ukraine.

Not even you can believe that.   At least, not unless you don't care about staying consistant.

PDF said:

Mnementh said:

But a big bloodshed at the russian borders with russian troops involved could be good propaganda-material, so I think the US might be willing to risk a small war.

This statement shows that you have no understanding of the current US political climate.  This isn't the Cold War.

As I said: maybe I'm in too much fear of this outcome. Let's see how this will turn out. I expect the biggest danger is before the referendum happens. 

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
mai said:

Not even you can believe that.   At least, not unless you don't care about staying consistant.

What exactly you're arguing here? The fact he has started a war or the fact he was interviewed by CNN recently?

mai said:
Kasz216 said:
mai said:

What exactly you're arguing here? The fact he has started a war or the fact he was interviewed by CNN recently?

The first obviously.  This whole thread you've talked about not believing in mainstream media reporting and focusing on what people on the ground said.

And the few reporters and people that were on the ground the time and were reporting, and who were shut out of the Mainstream media, said the Ossetians started shelling first.

The thing you cite is exactly the kind of thing you would normally mock as political tricks.  With possibly the only difference being at this time the report came at  time when the west was trying to make warmer relations with Russia.

Espiecally considering that the investigation starts about a week after the mutul shelings started.  Which is glazed over in that report.

The Georgians were the first to cross the border with troops, but the war started long before.

Although if you do wish to cite such a document as authortative it should be mentioned that it would specifically suggest that Russia is in the wrong in the Ukrainian case and should withdraw it's troops.

I can see how you can claim Russia was right on one or the other, not both.

Is that really yatsenyuk in these images?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

^^ To be fair, the life of 239 people is in question. I mean, media reports a lot of irrelevant bullshit, (like that Justin Bieber questioning ) but that particular case is attention worthy