By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DKC: Tropical Freeze is Native 720p @ 60fps (Upscaled to 1080p)

Tagged games:

Well for the Graphic Worshipers, Mario Kart 8 , Super Smash Bros U, and Bayonetta 2 are confirmed to be 1080p 60FPS.

Around the Network
vivster said:
orniletter said:
vivster said:

But but but the WiiU is so powerful that it can run everything at 1080p!!!

I guess they must've crank-ed up (pun intended) the graphics considerably with crazy lighting effects and 8xAA.

Who said that ?

The WiiU was built with 720p in mind and the grand majority off all firstparty titles are/will be 720p60fps.

People who believe just because SM3DW is in 1080p that the WiiU is powerful enough for more hardware hungry games like Bayonetta and X.

Donkey Kong running 720p is not really encouraging for those titles.

Super Mario 3D world is 720p too :)

and it looks fantastic !

TheLegendaryWolf said:

Nothing wrong with 1080p upscale if it runs at 60 FPS.                                                                                                                                                                                                

"Only 720p 60 FPS!? Should be MINIMUM 2080i 160 FPS!!"~Graphic Worshiper Logic

damage control fail

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

vivster said:
orniletter said:
vivster said:

I guess they must've crank-ed up (pun intended) the graphics considerably with crazy lighting effects and 8xAA.

Who said that ?

The WiiU was built with 720p in mind and the grand majority off all firstparty titles are/will be 720p60fps.

People who believe just because SM3DW is in 1080p that the WiiU is powerful enough for more hardware hungry games like Bayonetta and X.

You are mistaken. SM3DW is also native 720p @ 60fps.

Wind Waker HD, however, is 1080p @ 30.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Who the hell cares? Its looking freaking amazing.

One of my most wanted games.

Around the Network

Meh. It's not like this is a game that needs 1080p.  The  fact that it is 60fps makes me  happy enough.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

orniletter said:
Acevil said:
orniletter said:
Good enough for me.

Better than 1080p @ 30fps

I agree with you, but it seems these days the resolution seems more important than the fps. Given it would be nice if it was 1080p @ 60 fps.

Only if you are comparing XBone and PS4 titles

to be honest: Mario 3D World is only 720p with a tiny bit AA and it looked almost as good as the native 1080p Wind Waker HD

This.  Once I realized that Mario was "only" 720P, I realized that the Wii U would be fine.  

We'd all love to have 4K resolution for all our games, but at the end of the day the devs need to focus on overall performance of the game and not one particular metric.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
It's not a huge deal, yet part of me feels it's still unacceptable. The graphics do not look that demanding to where they could not have upped the resolution. Rayman Legends managed it, DK should be able to as well.

A false comparison. Rayman Legends is not as demanding because much of the game is, in fact, 2D spritework, while Tropical Freeze is fully rendered in 3D.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

TheLegendaryWolf said:
Well for the Graphic Worshipers, Mario Kart 8 , Super Smash Bros U, and Bayonetta 2 are confirmed to be 1080p 60FPS.

Bayonetta has NOT been officially confirmed by platinum to be 1080p, ome random guy at siliconera said so and everyone jumped on it. Smash looks like a  Wii game with good clean textures so thats a no brainer, no DOF, No motion blur so 1080p should be a cakewalk. Kart I'll wait and see. And people who like good graphics arent worshipers, its 2014 even my phone is 720p, forgive us for expecting more from dedicated gaming hardware. Especially at the price we paid

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

orniletter said:
vivster said:
orniletter said:
vivster said:

Who said that ?

Super Mario 3D world is 720p too :)

and it looks fantastic !

Then I got lied to in that other thread.

And I hate this "But it looks amazing". No it does not. Amazing is pretty much the highest rating one could give but it definitely would look "amazinger" on more powerful hardware. So it just looks "ok" in comparison to what it could look like. As I said before, I can't stand if games are held back by poor hardware. I'm used to PC level graphics which means 1080p and 60 frames. So NO, 720p does not look amazing. It looks jagged and washed out with those fist sized pixels. Especially on a bigger screen.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.