By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DKC: Tropical Freeze is Native 720p @ 60fps (Upscaled to 1080p)

Tagged games:

FinalFantasyXIII said: If I wanted to see leaves and blades of grass so bad I would just go outside. The eyeball resolution is amazing-zing! 

What is the relevance of your post to the thread. You seem quite peeved about something but you are not even interested in this particular game. Someone mentioned that Nintendo games generally are quite colourful and they are. So, you go around and nit-pick a multitude of screenshots depicting only one of the said colours. 

What is your concern with this game or resolution. When the most underrated game ever can run at the same resolution and half the frame rate of this game; yet it can be appealing to someone like you. What is your concern with this particular game's resolution? 

As for your above statement. Yes, it is true that you can go outside and see the world that looks better than any video game. Essentially ending the debate and need for better, realistic graphics. 

I also hope you now understand that the FF13 was going for something worse than the blurry NES feel. (Nintendo is going for that NES pixelated blurry oldschool feels. Smart move ;))

Around the Network

is this a 2d game? wasnt nsmb 6fps? lol @ crankie

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Soundwave said:
 Nintendo actually uses COLOR in their games unlike 90% of other devs who are obsessed with making every game grey/brown.

green_sky said:

FinalFantasyXIII said: If I wanted to see leaves and blades of grass so bad I would just go outside. The eyeball resolution is amazing-zing! 

What is the relevance of your post to the thread. 

Soundwave above CLAIMED at 90% of every other game created besides Nintendo games using a 90% grey/brown in color. I provided a differing opinion in that 90% of Nintendo games are submerged with the color green. It's just spilt milk. Don't cry, and yeah this game DKCTF looks like a GREAT platformer albeit maybe to oldschool for my modern tastes.

FinalFantasyXIII said:

Soundwave above CLAIMED at 90% of every other game created besides Nintendo games using a 90% grey/brown in color. I provided a differing opinion in that 90% of Nintendo games are submerged with the color green. It's just spilt milk. Don't cry, and yeah this game DKCTF looks like a GREAT platformer albeit maybe to oldschool for my modern tastes.

Right blame your best buddy, Soundwave for the ridiculous stuff you have been saying since you clicked your way to this site. Also ignored everything else i said in the post. I guess this post was also a response to him. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5987217

Ridiculous. 

Also no need to send me private messages like this. 

color

from FinalFantasyXIII, to green_sky 2 minutes ago(Delete Message)

So uptight u r

vivster said:

But but but the WiiU is so powerful that it can run everything at 1080p!!!

I guess they must've crank-ed up (pun intended) the graphics considerably with crazy lighting effects and 8xAA.

Just because not every game is running in native 1080p, doesn't mean the system can't DO it, nor does it mean that more games that come down the pipeline won't also do it. Chances are, given the development window, that DKCR2 started development on the Wii, just like Pikmin 3 did. So with that understanding, knowing they obviously improved and scaled everything up (resolution, polygon count, textures, etc.), it's understandable why Retro wouldn't take "full advantage of the hardware". It's a first gen title. They rarely ever push the hardware until later into a console's life.

And regardless, it still looks great, so who cares?

Around the Network
cycycychris said:

I'm not a expert on any of this stuff so what does native 720p upscaled to 1080p exactly mean?

Does that mean it's like in between the 2? I hear it a lot and never been sure what it exactly means.

1280 x 720 is a smaller resolution than what a normal 1920 x 1080 TV is, so upscaling essentially "blows up" the 720p image so that it can fit within the 1920 x 1080 resolution. Without that, only the amount of 720p pixels will be used (921600 pixels), vs the actual pixels on the TV (2073600), leaving a big part of the TV in black.

Upscaled 720p is fair enough for me, I expected 60 fps when Returns had it. Bu I still think it looks like a game which was originally designed with Wii in mind, polygons and textures just doesn't look anywhere near 3D World. Still it looks like a great, fun game, looks even better than Returns. Day one buy for me, not long until it comes out now.

Yep.

720p is fine by me, the 60fps makes up for it.

forethought14 said:
cycycychris said:

I'm not a expert on any of this stuff so what does native 720p upscaled to 1080p exactly mean?

Does that mean it's like in between the 2? I hear it a lot and never been sure what it exactly means.

1280 x 720 is a smaller resolution than what a normal 1920 x 1080 TV is, so upscaling essentially "blows up" the 720p image so that it can fit within the 1920 x 1080 resolution. Without that, only the amount of 720p pixels will be used, leaving a big part of the TV in black.

That's not true. 1080p TVs can show 720p content just fine. Upscaling just means that it'll maybe look a little better and crisp on a 1080p screen.

Yep.

Nintendo already confirmed some time ago that they are targeting 720p for 1st party games, so why is this news?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.