By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DKC: Tropical Freeze is Native 720p @ 60fps (Upscaled to 1080p)

Tagged games:

I don't care since I still play the wii one. Which is obviously 4k 120fps.

Around the Network

Nintendo is going for that NES pixelated blurry oldschool feels. Smart move ;)

FinalFantasyXIII said:

I lol'd^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Overall its settled. At this point the base power of the Wii U has been clearly defined. No one in their right mind will come up with secret sauce theories now, games will get better but 1080p60 is largely out of the question.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

_crazy_man_ said:
60 fps and amazing gameplay.

All I need.

Perfect! Same here...

Around the Network
FinalFantasyXIII said:

more like the blurry mess that CoD Ghosts on XBone is?

supernihilist said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:

more like the blurry mess that CoD Ghosts on XBone is?

XB1 i confused, it doesn't know if it should be a Wii U or a PS4. Those teenage years are so challenging.

720p is a godsend after the Wii era, unless you are sitting 3-5 feet from the TV it's not that big of a deal. Nintendo games look fantastic in 720p in part because Nintendo actually uses COLOR in their games unlike 90% of other devs who are obsessed with making every game grey/brown.

Damian.W said:
A bit disappointing. I mean, this is Retro. They make 1st party titles alone, which means they should be able to run the game at 1080p 60fps.

Blame Nintendo for not going along with stronger hardware. There's absolutely no way the Wii U can run games perfectly in Native 1080p w/60 FPS with the kind of hardware that's inside.

Is this supposed to be bad? Sounds great to me. Then again, I don't own a 55" tv, so I expect 720 vs 1080 to make little difference to me.