By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VIZIO ditches 3D TVs. 3D is DOOM

And are focusing on Glasses-Free 3D TVs for 2014.

Glasses-Free 3D is what everything will become

Ha, had to do this Thread.

So do you think 3D TVs with glasses are doomed?

And do you think most future TVs will be made as Glasses-Free 3D TVs?

Around the Network

Source? From what I've read Vizio is dropping all 3D support. Probably because 3D is a useless gimmick that's been fading in popularity for a while now.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/6/5279150/vizio-announces-first-consumer-4k-tvs-kills-3d-support

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

DOOMED

Good that at least manufacturers still care about 3D even if consumer seem not to. I hope Sony makes a Glasses free 3D TV soon, that's what I want from my next Bravia.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

I have a Vizio 3d tv and I honestly never use 3d. Gran Turismo does look really good. But some games like Assassins Creed just hurt my head.

Around the Network
eFKac said:
Good that at least manufacturers still care about 3D even if consumer seem not to. I hope Sony makes a Glasses free 3D TV soon, that's what I want from my next Bravia.

Doubt it. They probably see 4k as the future now.   

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
eFKac said:

Doubt it. They probably see 4k as the future now.   

True, but they still have 3D in those if I'm not mistaken, so I think it will happen, fingers crossed anyway.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

This is great news. I really want to see 3D become the standard, and this may just be what it needs. Like I always say, Killzone 3 in 3D with Move was the best gen 7 experience I had. Uncharted 3 was great in 3D and how I would love to experience The Last Of Us in this way.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Fusioncode said:
Source? From what I've read Vizio is dropping all 3D support. Probably because 3D is a useless gimmick that's been fading in popularity for a while now.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/6/5279150/vizio-announces-first-consumer-4k-tvs-kills-3d-support

Good, I rather invest in 4K any day of the week rather than 3D.

I came to say: Don't tell Kaizar.

I ldft dissapointed. :(