By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A Wild MGS4 Has Appeared! <(^_^<)

Einsam_Delphin said:
AZWification said:

A ninja left it there and you didn't even notice.

He wouldn't be a very good ninja if I did notice! :L

A bad ninja is still a ninja. :)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
AZWification said:

A ninja left it there and you didn't even notice.

He wouldn't be a very good ninja if I did notice! :L

Maybe it was Frank Jaeger

eFKac said:
You could get the Legacy edition or a least the HD remakes....but honestly you'll going to feel lost about the story anyway btw chronologically MGS3>MGS5>MGS1>MGS2>MGS4 for the "Solid" home console series.

lol what the heck!? o_O

Play MGS4. I want you to know how much it sucks. You have a pure heart and innocent eyes. Your judgement will not be tainted.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

5 does not have a new main character, you play as Big Boss in MGS 3, Portable Ops and Peace Walker.

Oh, I just assumed he was new since he wasn't Snake. :L

Around the Network

And don't worry about the chronology. If you play the series in order, play MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, and Peacewalker in the order that they were released. Playing them in chronological order would be like watching the Star Wars Prequels first. You'll screw up half of the reveals for yourself.

Just know that whatever order you play, MGS4 sucks dirty balls.

Einsam_Delphin said:
eFKac said:
You could get the Legacy edition or a least the HD remakes....but honestly you'll going to feel lost about the story anyway btw chronologically MGS3>MGS5>MGS1>MGS2>MGS4 for the "Solid" home console series.

lol what the heck!? o_O

Metal Gear series
fictional chronology

Einsam_Delphin said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

5 does not have a new main character, you play as Big Boss in MGS 3, Portable Ops and Peace Walker.

He's Snake's dad, he is known is Naked Snake/Big Boss and the Snake from MGS 1 is known as Solid Snake.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

He's Snake's dad, he is known is Naked Snake/Big Boss and the Snake from MGS 1 is known as Solid Snake.

dont forget Solidus Snake and Liquid Snake =P

Thinking about it this series would be confusing as fuck to a newcomber

Einsam_Delphin said:
eFKac said:

lol what the heck!? o_O

There's a lot of prequels in the series. If it makes you feel better, the past and the present plotlines go on chronologically so there's no more instant jumps. You don't, for example, go like 2006->1964->2003->1970->2010, etc. It's more like 2003->2006->1964->20190->1970 etc. Note that the years aren't (necessarily) from the series, they're just random examples I came up with. Think it as a series that's jumping between two storylines, of which both advance chronologically until the earlier storyline catches up with the present storyline. At that point I don't know what will happen.