By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A Wild MGS4 Has Appeared! <(^_^<)

Go back and play MGS and go through them in order like the rest of us did. You'll thank me for it.

Around the Network

Been a fan of metal gear since it was on MSX/NES back in the late eighties early nineties and Metal Gear Solid 4 is hot garbage (to me). Please, I beg you to play the other ones in the series first. Even Solid 2 which is vomit worthy. Play Substance, subsistence, vr missions, anything other than that game first.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

5 does not have a new main character, you play as Big Boss in MGS 3, Portable Ops and Peace Walker.

Oh, I just assumed he was new since he wasn't Snake. :L

He's Snake's dad, he is known is Naked Snake/Big Boss and the Snake from MGS 1 is known as Solid Snake.

Wait, I thought Solid and Liquid were clones of Big Boss, not his children? Or do you consider that to be the same thing?

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Definitely get the Legacy Collection. It comes with all Metal Gears relevant to the story (except Portable Ops :( ) and it comes at a reasonable price. Play them all in order too, its a great series and you won't regret it.

LITTLE MAC

Go buy the legacy collection and play that first if you want to have an idea what's going on. If you completely don't care then just play it as is. MGS V doesn't have a new main character, we're back to Big Boss and Kaz from the MGS3-Portable Ops-Peacewalker saga so you should play 3 and PW just to be safe too.

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

5 does not have a new main character, you play as Big Boss in MGS 3, Portable Ops and Peace Walker.

He's Snake's dad, he is known is Naked Snake/Big Boss and the Snake from MGS 1 is known as Solid Snake.

Wait, I thought Solid and Liquid were clones of Big Boss, not his children? Or do you consider that to be the same thing?

Ya they are clones, idk I just call em his kids.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
adriane23 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Good to know.  Just like Jango and Boba Fett.  Anything else you guys want to spoil for the one guy that hasn't played MGS1 while we're at it?

d21lewis said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
adriane23 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Good to know.  Just like Jango and Boba Fett.  Anything else you guys want to spoil for the one guy that hasn't played MGS1 while we're at it?

Snake dies

I have a statistic for you. Out of my 4 friends that played MGS4 and it was their first in the series only 1 enjoyed. They did change their minds after playing the collection though. So I recommend you do the same.

I love MGS4, it is a very cool game =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.