By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A Wild MGS4 Has Appeared! <(^_^<)

Play it if you want to. Or get the installation out of the way. Its like 9GB.

man now I miss MGO all over again.. :(

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
d21lewis said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
adriane23 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

5 does not have a new main character, you play as Big Boss in MGS 3, Portable Ops and Peace Walker.

Oh, I just assumed he was new since he wasn't Snake. :L

He's Snake's dad, he is known is Naked Snake/Big Boss and the Snake from MGS 1 is known as Solid Snake.

Wait, I thought Solid and Liquid were clones of Big Boss, not his children? Or do you consider that to be the same thing?

Ya they are clones, idk I just call em his kids.

Good to know.  Just like Jango and Boba Fett.  Anything else you guys want to spoil for the one guy that hasn't played MGS1 while we're at it?

The cake is a lie!

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

eFKac said:
You could get the Legacy edition or a least the HD remakes....but honestly you'll going to feel lost about the story anyway btw chronologically MGS3>MGS5>MGS1>MGS2>MGS4 for the "Solid" home console series.

MGS4>MGS3>MGS Rising>MGS2>MGS1

One and two were great for their time rising revengance was a disspointment and MGS3 was and is still great and MGS4 is by far the best in the series by a wide margin and beats them in every single catagory.

You should play on The Boss Extreme difficulty.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Dgc1808 said:
i'd recommend grabbing one of the legacy collections.

This. I'm a hardcore MGS fan (see avatar) and MGS4 was a big departure from the old games.  It was still a good game, but not as good as the ps2 games. 

In my opinion MGS3 was the pinnacle of the series. 

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

Bah, screw it! I don't think I'll ever get around to getting n playing the older games, but I have MGS4, it's right there, so I may aswell play it! Wont do the series justice, but hey it's been around forever yet I never got into it. Only reason I'm even gonna play MGS4 now is simply because I have it so may aswell. :L

You can just look up the story on youtube, i guess. Be sure to post your opinion on how MGS4 sucks, okay?

d21lewis said:
You can just look up the story on youtube, i guess. Be sure to post your opinion on how MGS4 sucks, okay?

What if it doesn't suck?

Einsam_Delphin said:
d21lewis said:

What if it doesn't suck?

Then you will post on how it's the best game ever .

You're body better be solid.