By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii U will outsell the GC with just America

PenguinZ said:

When has an add-on or peripheral ever been successful? I would even argue that peripherals are part of the reason why things go wrong for console makers... Sega would like to say hi.

Really? The balance board, Wii wheel, motion plus, Kinect...

they all obviously helped sell systems.

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:
I think Xbox One america sales>> Wii U total sales by the end of the year. And to answer the OP, I think your prediction is wrong. I can only see Wii U selling 20 million total worldwide

This isn't about the XBO so that part isn't needed.

20 Million WW? Not gonna happen. It might continue to do bad in Europe but America has always been pretty supportive of Nintendo. Even the GC did 12 Million here.

toastboy44562 said:
I think Xbox One america sales>> Wii U total sales by the end of the year. And to answer the OP, I think your prediction is wrong. I can only see Wii U selling 20 million total worldwide

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

RolStoppable said:
Dream_While_Awake said:

thoughts? 

You live up to your username.

Sigh.. damn you.

RolStoppable said:

You live up to your username.

Ha! Thank you.

Around the Network
Dream_While_Awake said:
PenguinZ said:

When has an add-on or peripheral ever been successful? I would even argue that peripherals are part of the reason why things go wrong for console makers... Sega would like to say hi.

Really? The balance board, Wii wheel, motion plus, Kinect...

they all obviously helped sell systems.

My bad... I was thinking more of console "life extending" peripherals along the lines of the Sega CD, 32x, and 64DD...  So guess you proved me wrong.

Still your prediction is a bit unreal to say the least. Nintendo still hasn't been able to show us why the gamepad is even essential to their product.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

No but I like your optimism.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

PenguinZ said:

My bad... I was thinking more of console "life extending" peripherals along the lines of the Sega CD, 32x, and 64DD...  

Still your prediction is a bit unreal to say the least. Nintendo still hasn't been able to show us why the gamepad is even essential to their product.

It's fine.

my prediction seems a bit outrageous at the moment but I believe Nintendo has something still left. I don't think they made the Gamepad just for off TV play. Plus, the price is still high and the library is lacking.

we shall see.

Captain_Tom said:
Hahahahahaha! You can "Think" all you want, but the fact is the Gamecube is selling better. Nothing to support your claims. Can Wii U make a "Comeback?" Yes. But it will be coming back up to Gamecube sales.

Wrong. The GameCube has sold a total of 0 units since 2007.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I think it will cause I still believe (I wont if 2014 sells worse the Gamecube's second year) that the reason the wiiU is selling this badly was due to a series of unfortunate events such as a lack of advertising for 8 months + after the release of the wiiU, bad press, no e3 show, terrible name and most importantly, lack of steady first party games...

2014 is looking to change that since they have started advertising last November and a steady stream of games are gonna come including MK8 and Smash Bros and etc... Without going into too much detail and before people quote me to say I am wrong and am an Idiot... If the wiiU doesn't =/surpass GC's second + first year combined sales by the end of 2014, then I would say its dooooomed

So you are expecting a 200% increase YoY? Because thats what it needs to sell for GC esque sales