By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon X/Y Metagame In a Nutshell

the_dengle said:
Only two on that list I use are Gengar (Mega because fuck Smogon) and Togekiss. My friends run stupid stuff like Mega Garchomp and Aegislash and they have the nerve to complain about Togekiss. lmao.

Have to admit tho that Mega Gengar pretty much guarantees you'll kill something (unless you play poorly).

Mega Garchomp and Aegislash still have many counters and can be shut down.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
Lelouch_Vi_Brittania said:
Zero999 said:
Lelouch_Vi_Brittania said:
They better not ban Mega Lucario, it took me almost 500 eggs to get a shiny one!

you could simply rng a perfect shiny one on gen 5 and wait for poke bank.

Here in Brazil ( you're from Brazil too, right?) we have an Official Pokémon League, with it's own rules and tourneys, we have regional and national tourneys. One of these rules is that you can only use pokémon breeded in the X and Y games, to prevent hacks. So, no hacks dude.

EDIT: I know RNG isn't exactly hack, but we can't use transfered pokémon here.

I know of the oficial league, I'm ranked 1st in the LOP Pernambuco. the rules we are using regarding pokebank ban is simply due to pokebank not being available yet. anyway, it will be available and legal soon enough, so you could have bred your shiny on gen 5 with rng and wait a little.

Well whadya know? Every Pocket Monster on my current team is on that list!

Einsam_Delphin said:
Well whadya know? Every Pocket Monster on my current team is on that list!

Just means you have a good eye for viable pokemon.

_crazy_man_ said:
the_dengle said:
Only two on that list I use are Gengar (Mega because fuck Smogon) and Togekiss. My friends run stupid stuff like Mega Garchomp and Aegislash and they have the nerve to complain about Togekiss. lmao.

Have to admit tho that Mega Gengar pretty much guarantees you'll kill something (unless you play poorly).

Mega Garchomp and Aegislash still have many counters and can be shut down.

Yeah, if you're boring and use Destiny Bond or Perish Song. I use Mega Gengar for coverage. Besides, why would I want to sacrifice my Mega to kill one Mon? And please, Mega Gengar gets rocked by Earthquake. It's hardly unstoppable.

Garchomp is the God. Its natural counters are ice types and fairies and if one of the few it can't easily outspeed and overpower comes out, you just switch. Practically every special sweeper needs Hidden Power Ice just for Garchomp... that's power. Aegislash brings fighting game mixups to a rock/paper/scissors game. Get a couple of Swords Dances off and he can one-shot almost anything in the game with a priority move (shadow sneak). He would be the most broken Mon ever if Earthquake didn't exist.

Around the Network

Boring or not, it effectively removes one of your pokes from play. If your smart, you only Destiny Bond tho when you know its over for Gengar.  

Swords Dance Aegislash?

Cool I'll just switch in my Skarmory and Whirlwind your boosts away.

Or switch to Rotom-W and burn you.

Other pokes like bulky Rock Helmet Garchomp, Mandibuzz, Bisharp, Diggersby, Rotom-H, Zygarde, and Mega Aggron shit all over Aegislash.

Lots of pokes are great but nearly everyone has a counter.

_crazy_man_ said:

Boring or not, it effectively removes one of your pokes from play. If your smart, you only Destiny Bond tho when you know its over for Gengar.

Swords Dance Aegislash?

Cool I'll just switch in my Skarmory and Whirlwind your boosts away.

Or switch to Rotom-W and burn you.

Other pokes like bulky Rock Helmet Garchomp, Mandibuzz, Bisharp, Diggersby, Rotom-H, Zygarde, and Mega Aggron shit all over Aegislash.

Lots of pokes are great but nearly everyone has a counter.

Skarmory? Rotom? lol, if Aegislash has already gotten off a Swords Dance (which it has if you're switching in), they're already dead. Skarmory doesn't resist Shadow Sneak anymore. 150 base attack doubled from buffs with STAB.

Aegislash effectively has a base stat total of 600 before you factor in speed and HP. Its ability can't be changed or nullified. It can't be poisoned, sandstorm does nothing, stealth rock does almost nothing. It has a protect that punishes you for attacking directly. And you can't just brute force it with Sucker Punch because King's Shield has twice as much PP. Taunt and Earthquake work, but you can just switch out against them if you're not on your last Mon.

It's not unstoppable but Jesus Christ is it dumb. It'll one-shot your Mega Gengar before it gets its Destiny Bond off, that's for sure. There's a reason it's fifth on that OU chart.

Surprised to see so many people use Charizard, he's pretty useless competitively. Maybe his Mega forms are better than I thought.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

currently have a party of:

Blaziken, Metagross, Ampharos, Haxorus, Charizard, Espeon

backup of Greninja

and they're all shiny!! masuda method for the win!!!!

currently have a party of:

Blaziken, Metagross, Ampharos, Haxorus, Charizard, Espeon

backup of Greninja

and they're all shiny!! masuda method for the win!!!!