By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon X/Y Metagame In a Nutshell

_crazy_man_ said:
lestatdark said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Again its a beta list.

I see more MIxed Mence these days tho. Moxie Gyarados is on the rise.

Hell I'm even testing Moxie Mega Gyarados.

Mixed Mence is a risk, at least in my opinion. You're never gonna be proficient enough with 'mence to take advantage of the SpA, and even 252/31 +Nature SpA Fire Blast can fall short of OHKO some of Mence counters/walls. If he had access to Calm Mind, then he'd be much more viable imo.

As it stands, the usefulness of a DD Mence far outweighs the usefulness of a Mixed one. Especially if you can breed Outrage into it from an Outrage mence from previous gens (if you can't, screw it, i'mma just gonna use my Gen V DD Mence )

O I'm not arguing Mix Mence as being better, just saying what I am seeing on wifi.

Outrage spam is a little hindered by fairies now, but once you elimante them, Outrage away!

Outrage is actually a good move to lure fairies, only falling short to Prankster Klefki, especially if you DD prior to using it. Having Fire Fang on it's arsenal of moves can make even bulky Mega Mawiles think twice before switching in. If you've already a couple of Moxies in, then it's an almost guaranteed OHKO.

For Prankster Klefki there's always Lum Berry

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:
TM25 said:
I always new talonflame was destined for greatness. I believed in you!!!

Priority Brave Bird?

What's not to love?

More the fact I used one in game before gale wings was even known, last time a regional bird served me so well was staraptor.  

Tho yes the advent of galewings  and priority brave bird was a sight to behold, and ha to the people on smogon saying it was overated hahahahahahaha!

To be fair, Gale Wings Choice Banded Talonflame also saw the increasing use of SR and Rotom in most teams as well. It's the main reason why I have the move on my Metagross now.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

And with the rise of more Stealth Rock usage, has given the rise to more Moldbreaker Exadrill usage to spin rocks away and to wreck Rotom-W/H.  IT'S A CYCLE I TELL YOU!

Plus if you are good a prediction on the Rotom-W switch you can U-Turn.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
JWeinCom said:
_crazy_man_ said:
JWeinCom said:
What sets are people running with Clefairy? And surprised Smeargle isn't on here... I see that thing so often.

-Snip-

Hmmmm... They should be using Unaware for a stored power set.  So much better.

Sorry made some mistakes (like listing Stored Power twice), edited them in.

Each has their advantage on the Stored Power set.

Magic Guard makes it so Toxic doesn't ruin you, and Unaware so they don't try and set up on you.

Well, the best thing about unaware is that most players are so unfamiliar with Clefable that they DO try to set up on you regardless.  I've played so many people who just see Clefairy as an opportunity to Quiver Dance/Dragon Dance/Sword Dance/whatever.  Plus you can switch in on Pokemon who have already gotten a boost in.  Much more valuable than the Toxic resistance IMO.

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:

And with the rise of more Stealth Rock usage, has given the rise to more Moldbreaker Exadrill usage to spin rocks away and to wreck Rotom-W/H.  IT'S A CYCLE I TELL YOU!

How much does espeon's shadowball do to standard metagross now since the resist is gone?

_crazy_man_ said:

The problem with Excadrill is that the things it counters can easily OHKO it (like Metagross). Everything in the pokemon metagame is a cycle

Current PC Build

Offensive
252 SpA Life Orb Espeon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Metagross: 250-294 (68.6 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Defensive
0 SpA Espeon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Metagross: 158-186 (43.4 - 51%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO

lestatdark said:
_crazy_man_ said:

The problem with Excadrill is that the things it counters can easily OHKO it (like Metagross). Everything in the pokemon metagame is a cycle

Only Agility Metagross is going to easily KO Moldbreaker Excadrill if they lack Air Ballon.

_crazy_man_ said:
Offensive
252 SpA Life Orb Espeon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Metagross: 250-294 (68.6 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Defensive
0 SpA Espeon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Metagross: 158-186 (43.4 - 51%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO

Not sure what I was expecting really, cheers for the calcs much appreciated!