By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon X/Y Metagame In a Nutshell

They better not ban Mega Lucario, it took me almost 500 eggs to get a shiny one!

Around the Network
Lelouch_Vi_Brittania said:
They better not ban Mega Lucario, it took me almost 500 eggs to get a shiny one!

Thing is its very hard to counter because of not knowing what set it is.  Usually have to sack someone to find out (usually getting a Swords Dance/Nasty Plot/ or rarely Agility up in the process).

I send out Skarmory to hard counter the physical set (Rotom is another option), I myself don't have much of a special counter (especially if they have Vaccum Wave).

The only pokemon I can think of that can counter both sets well is bulky Zapdos.

Thankfully usually my hazards have done enough damage that I can revenege kill with Talonflame.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:

Again its a beta list.

I see more MIxed Mence these days tho. Moxie Gyarados is on the rise.

Hell I'm even testing Moxie Mega Gyarados.

Mixed Mence is a risk, at least in my opinion. You're never gonna be proficient enough with 'mence to take advantage of the SpA, and even 252/31 +Nature SpA Fire Blast can fall short of OHKO some of Mence counters/walls. If he had access to Calm Mind, then he'd be much more viable imo.

As it stands, the usefulness of a DD Mence far outweighs the usefulness of a Mixed one. Especially if you can breed Outrage into it from an Outrage mence from previous gens (if you can't, screw it, i'mma just gonna use my Gen V DD Mence )

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I always new talonflame was destined for greatness. I believed in you!!!

TM25 said:
I always new talonflame was destined for greatness. I believed in you!!!

Priority Brave Bird?

What's not to love?

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Again its a beta list.

I see more MIxed Mence these days tho. Moxie Gyarados is on the rise.

Hell I'm even testing Moxie Mega Gyarados.

Mixed Mence is a risk, at least in my opinion. You're never gonna be proficient enough with 'mence to take advantage of the SpA, and even 252/31 +Nature SpA Fire Blast can fall short of OHKO some of Mence counters/walls. If he had access to Calm Mind, then he'd be much more viable imo.

As it stands, the usefulness of a DD Mence far outweighs the usefulness of a Mixed one. Especially if you can breed Outrage into it from an Outrage mence from previous gens (if you can't, screw it, i'mma just gonna use my Gen V DD Mence )

O I'm not arguing Mix Mence as being better, just saying what I am seeing on wifi.

Outrage spam is a little hindered by fairies now, but once you elimante them, Outrage away!

What sets are people running with Clefairy? And surprised Smeargle isn't on here... I see that thing so often.

JWeinCom said:
What sets are people running with Clefairy? And surprised Smeargle isn't on here... I see that thing so often.

I've seen a few different sets for Clefable.  

Defensive Calm Mind (Run 12 Speed (out run Tyranitar) if not using Fire Blast, 44 is meant to outspeed Scizor that try and U-Turn out))

Clefable @ Leftovers / Life Orb

Magic Guard | Bold 

252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Sp

Calm Mind

Moonlight

Fire Blast / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt

Moonblast

Tank + Cleric

Clefable @ Leftovers 

Unaware / Magic Guard | Calm

252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD

Moonlight

Aromatherapy

Fire Blast / Ice Beam / Toxic

Moonblast

Stored Power Sweeper

Clefable @ Leftovers 

Unaware / Magic Guard | Bold

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Moonlight

Cosmic Power

Charge Beam

Stored Power

_crazy_man_ said:
JWeinCom said:

I've seen a few different sets for Clefable.  

Defensive Calm Mind 

Clefable @ Leftovers / Life Orb

Magic Guard | Bold 

252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Sp

Calm Minde

Moonlight

Fire Blast

Moonblast

Stored Power Sweeper

Clefable @ Leftovers 

Magic Guard | Bold

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Moonlight

Cosmic Power

Charge Beam

Stored Power

Stored Power Sweeper

Clefable @ Leftovers 

Magic Guard | Bold

252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Moonlight

Cosmic Power

Charge Beam

Stored Power

Hmmmm... They should be using Unaware for a stored power set.  So much better.

JWeinCom said:
_crazy_man_ said:
JWeinCom said:

-Snip-

Hmmmm... They should be using Unaware for a stored power set.  So much better.

Sorry made some mistakes (like listing Stored Power twice), edited them in.

Each has their advantage on the Stored Power set.

Magic Guard makes it so Toxic doesn't ruin you, and Unaware so they don't try and set up on you.