By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT: Q2Results - 3.9m ONE and 3.5m 360's. Qtr Rev up 14% !! to $24bn. Qtr profits up to $6.56bn. HUGE!

kowenicki said:
Zekkyou said:
kowenicki said:

You know nothing about me.... I have large investments in MS, as I do in Apple and many others.

I am also interested in the business side of things, and work in the investment world.  Any questions?

Best you keep you veiled insults to youself thanks.

As for you OT... for a very long time.  MS has always known how to run a vusiness.  The last 10 years of growth over growth and increased revenue and profits shows no signs of stopping. 

It wasn't an insult, it was an observation :P I have Aspergers so I've spent most my life with one obsession or another, so it tends to be very easy for me to notice when others do. In your case you spend several hours a day defender the actions of a company on a video game forum. Both from a business and a moral standpoint.

It doesn't matter if you have several billion invested in them, those kind of actions are the most common signs of someone being overly invested/obsessed in something (attempts to justify said obsession being the second, possibly third depending on the persons age. Seeing as your above thirty, acting condescending towards others opinions of your "obsession" would probably be second). Again, not intended as an insult, you'd get a similar defensive reaction from me if you were to argue with me about various topics related to space (particularly gravity, my primary "overly invested obsession" of the last 6/7 years).

Yeah great.

i dont spend several hours every day, i think you are mistaking me with another user from a different "camp"

I run a businesss, a very succesful one.  So I dont spend hours here, I dip in and out for fun, usually to correct the incoherent rambling of people with no clue.

Is that arrogant?  Damn right it is.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if you're trying to convince yourself or what? You do know that you are one of the top 10 posters on the site, number 8 to be exact!

And why are you always thanking people randomly and telling us that you have a lot of money? What is that supposed to mean? That you're better somehow?

Stick to the subject. We're interested in the gaming side of Microsoft and not how they could swallow this company or that.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

As ever with xbox and Microsoft you have to factor in the huge revenue from LIVE.  Its a cash cow of its own now.  LIVE revenue is in a different segment now.

Yes of course it is the software part that generates profit in the long run. However, even if we assume that all 3mio XBox One users are NEW live subscribers (a rather bold assumption), these 3mio user cannot make up for the 400mio difference.

Unless someone comes forth with the actual $$ numbers, I still believe that Kinect2 (a brilliant but very complex piece of hardware, looking at the teardown) is the major cause XBox Ones sell at a loss currently.

Carl2291 said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

So you agree with me yet tell ppl to ignore my post due to bait? Wow

Your post was bait because you tried luring him into an argument about how he cares oh so much about MS, while adding in your un-needed and silly little jab at the Xbox One with the "inferior console" bollocks.

Dont try bait him into a petty off topic argument.

I see your point but that was not my intention. "inferior" is subjective and was my opinion nothing more or nothing  less. I honestly wanted to know why so many are beating thier chest because MS made money off them. Im also in agreement that they have alot of money to spend and should reduce the cost of thier console and stop taking advantage of gamers. Brand loyalty seems to spew from posts on this site at times. Because i own a Kenmore stove im not gonna start braging and acting high and might because the company is doing well. As for Xbox i will buy one when the price drops to somthing reasonable, but when i do again im not going to pop a bottle of crystal when MS releases thier earnings. Cheers

2008ProchargedGT said:

I see your point but that was not my intention. "inferior" is subjective and was my opinion nothing more or nothing  less. I honestly wanted to know why so many are beating thier chest because MS made money off them. Im also in agreement that they have alot of money to spend and should reduce the cost of thier console and stop taking advantage of gamers. Brand loyalty seems to spew from posts on this site at times. Because i own a Kenmore stove im not gonna start braging and acting high and might because the company is doing well. As for Xbox i will buy one when the price drops to somthing reasonable, but when i do again im not going to pop a bottle of crystal when MS releases thier earnings. Cheers

In which case, Im sorry for being a judgmental arsehole.

In all seriousness, the site here is focussed around sales and each of the big 3 has its fair share of supporters. When theyre doing well, the fans will celebrate/gloat/etc. Its just how things have always been here.

Youll get used to it

kowenicki said:
Zekkyou said:

It wasn't an insult, it was an observation :P I have Aspergers so I've spent most my life with one obsession or another, so it tends to be very easy for me to notice when others do. In your case you spend several hours a day defender the actions of a company on a video game forum. Both from a business and a moral standpoint.

It doesn't matter if you have several billion invested in them, those kind of actions are the most common signs of someone being overly invested/obsessed in something (attempts to justify said obsession being the second, possibly third depending on the persons age. Seeing as your above thirty, acting condescending towards others opinions of your "obsession" would probably be second). Again, not intended as an insult, you'd get a similar defensive reaction from me if you were to argue with me about various topics related to space (particularly gravity, my primary "overly invested obsession" of the last 6/7 years).

Yeah great.

i dont spend several hours every day, i think you are mistaking me with another user from a different "camp"

I run a businesss, a very succesful one.  So I dont spend hours here, I dip in and out for fun, usually to correct the incoherent rambling of people with no clue.

Is that arrogant?  Damn right it is.

Thanks.

Justification, self inflation, minimization of opposing statement, condescending usage of a normally positive word and generalized lesser view of a self defined group of people. All in a one reply. My god lad your textbook :P

But no, you aren't remotely overly invested. You're just a successful business man with 33,000 posts on a gaming forums who justifies all the actions of a single corporate identity while often downplaying it's hardware's competition.

Around the Network
Somini said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Seece said:

So those magical Android profits, where are they now? Because they're certainly not in HARDWARE. Oh but wait, the Hardware division profited. I thought it lost $2b annually thanks to Xbox?

Shows how dumb those people were touting that, and here is your proof.

LoL I forgot about this one.

N1!

Not really. It seems Microsoft is using the Android royalties, that are near 2 billion dollar per year, to cover up the losses the Xbox devision is making.

See here;

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-is-making-2bn-a-year-on-android-licensing-five-times-more-than-windows-phone-7000022936/

DId you read what I actually posted though???

Seece said:
Somini said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Seece said:

So those magical Android profits, where are they now? Because they're certainly not in HARDWARE. Oh but wait, the Hardware division profited. I thought it lost $2b annually thanks to Xbox?

N1!

Not really. It seems Microsoft is using the Android royalties, that are near 2 billion dollar per year, to cover up the losses the Xbox devision is making.

See here;

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-is-making-2bn-a-year-on-android-licensing-five-times-more-than-windows-phone-7000022936/

Sure. What are you attending me to?

Somini said:
Seece said:
Somini said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Seece said:

N1!

See here;

That the claim you linked to is a lie. And now the way MS have organized their divisions proves it.

Seece said:
Somini said:
Seece said:
Somini said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Seece said:

N1!

See here;

That the claim you linked to is a lie. And now the way MS have organized their divisions proves it.

I didn't say anyone was lying. I was letting you see how they have covered those losses the devision has been making. The article is fairly recent and talks about this. You know which part i mean?

Microsoft is such a consistently successful company it's amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.