By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT: Q2Results - 3.9m ONE and 3.5m 360's. Qtr Rev up 14% !! to $24bn. Qtr profits up to $6.56bn. HUGE!

Somini said:
Seece said:
Somini said:
Seece said:
Somini said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Seece said:

So those magical Android profits, where are they now? Because they're certainly not in HARDWARE. Oh but wait, the Hardware division profited. I thought it lost $2b annually thanks to Xbox?

Shows how dumb those people were touting that, and here is your proof.

LoL I forgot about this one.

N1!

Not really. It seems Microsoft is using the Android royalties, that are near 2 billion dollar per year, to cover up the losses the Xbox devision is making.

See here;

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-is-making-2bn-a-year-on-android-licensing-five-times-more-than-windows-phone-7000022936/

DId you read what I actually posted though???

Sure. What are you attending me to?

That the claim you linked to is a lie. And now the way MS have organized their divisions proves it.

I didn't say anyone was lying. I was letting you see how they have covered those losses the devision has been making. The article is fairly recent and talks about this. You know which part i mean?

Eh ... I know you didn't. I did. It's difficult having a conversation with you somino because I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about???

Guy claims android profits are hdiing $2b losses of xbox yearly.

MS makes division with JUST hardware, no possible way android is included.

Makes $400m profit

Prooves guy was a liar.

Simple.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
Looks like MS won't have to worry about XBO stock for now. They sold through just over three-quarters of their shipment for last quarter, leaving 900,000 systems still in the wild, which gives them a few weeks to get another production run manufactured and shipped (assuming they haven't done so already or are in the process of doing so). Say what you want about MS, but at least they can meet demand. They also understand that America is by far their strongest market, and while we don't have regional shipment figures, it's likely they made sure they had plenty of stock in the U.S. & Canada. The PS4 would probably be doing better than it already is, but even if demand is greater for the system it means nothing if there's not enough supply to go around. If Sony doesn't want this to be a close race in America (which it probably will be for most of the year), they need to ramp up production. I have a feeling that their production shipments for the PS4 are going to be not much higher than the actual 4.3 million sell-through figure. If it is, that means they were holding back stock from NA to divert to Europe and to save for the Japanese launch.

It was 720k units.

About 5 to 6 weeks in sales. 

Seece said:
Somini said:
Seece said:
Somini said:
Seece said:
Somini said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Seece said:

So those magical Android profits, where are they now? Because they're certainly not in HARDWARE. Oh but wait, the Hardware division profited. I thought it lost $2b annually thanks to Xbox?

N1!

Not really. It seems Microsoft is using the Android royalties, that are near 2 billion dollar per year, to cover up the losses the Xbox devision is making.

See here;

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-is-making-2bn-a-year-on-android-licensing-five-times-more-than-windows-phone-7000022936/

That the claim you linked to is a lie. And now the way MS have organized their divisions proves it.

I didn't say anyone was lying. I was letting you see how they have covered those losses the devision has been making. The article is fairly recent and talks about this. You know which part i mean?

Eh ... I know you didn't. I did. It's difficult having a conversation with you somino because I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about???

Makes $400m profit

Prooves guy was a liar.

Simple.

That's your logic of looking at it. This guy doesn't have to be a liar just because you don't agree with him.

And there is no need to say that i have no clue what i'm talking about. If that is how you're going to discuss this, then i don't see the point.

Somini said:
Seece said:
Somini said:
Seece said:
Somini said:
Seece said:
Somini said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Seece said:

N1!

See here;

Makes $400m profit

Prooves guy was a liar.

Simple.

That's your logic of looking at it. This guy doesn't have to be a liar just because you don't agree with him.

And there is no need to say that i have no clue what i'm talking about. If that is how you're going to discuss this, then i don't see the point.

It wasn't an insult, it was a genuine thought I had by the way you word stuff ....

I don't see how there is any other logic?? It's pretty clear cut isn't it. Xbox isn't losing billions a year.

In fact with Surface likely offsetting Windows mobile, and the launch of Xbox One not making them a loss (amazing) 360 must be raking in massive amounts of cash. $400m profit.

The guy who made that claim IS a liar he has his own agenda.

Seece said:

It wasn't an insult, it was a genuine thought I had by the way you word stuff ....

I don't see how there is any other logic?? It's pretty clear cut isn't it. Xbox isn't losing billions a year.

In fact with Surface likely offsetting Windows mobile, and the launch of Xbox One not making them a loss (amazing) 360 must be raking in massive amounts of cash. $400m profit.

It's not like his word is that of GOD, so i'm not saying it can't possibly be wrong. But considering the article and the piece about what he does, Liam Tung is an Australian business technology journalist, then i don't see a reason to distrust him. It's the best professional piece we have on the matter. I could just claim they are hiding this and that, because i know how big corportaions work as i've worked for a coniving one for some time and they all are, but i wanted to show a journalistic article on the matter.

Around the Network
2008ProchargedGT said:
selnor1983 said:
Carl2291 said:
selnor1983 said:
thx1139 said:
With the profit created by the Xbox business this launch quarter I believe this sets up Microsoft to be very aggressive moving forward with the Xbox One. If they see the PS4 lead start growing considerably they can easily counter with a lower price or add value with free games in the box, etc. This is what I suspected all along with the $500 price. It will end up giving them flexibility and it did not matter at launch. It may matter year 2, but the extra revenue from a $500 launch is already in the bank.

Yeah good points.

I think although Sony is selling well, Financially they made a bad call. MArketshare is to important to them. But then they are a poor Business company in comparison.

Debatable. While Microsoft have more room for cuts, Sony have the more favorable pricepoint that they will be able to maintain.

Look at the Wii and how long it stayed at $250 for the best example here. While Microsoft may be forced to cut/add value 12 months down the line, Sony will likely be sitting happy at current pricing into late 2015 (if not later). Assuming they will be making money on every PS4 sold pretty damn soon, this is good for them.

Arguably theyre in a better position HW-wise, until MS decide to do a Kinectless bundle that is.

While they are posting record profits I dont think MS will change anything. And Xbox is still profitable since 2008. Not 1 year with non profit since then. I reckon they are happy.

While what you said may be true, why do you care so much? do you own stock in microsoft? I dont undersand why you are so happy MS is getting rich for charging and extra $100 for what IMO is an inferior console.  

Thats a really simple answer.

I like Xbox. I like WP annd Windows. I enjoy using the products. If they are financially sound then I will continue to be ABLE to enjoy their products. Xbox wont be going anywhere soon whilst posting a profit.

Would I like it cheaper? Yes. At the expense of them making a loss and exiting the market? No.

Would I like a less features for this new gen cconsole to make it cheaper? No. Kinectless,, so less studios make family games for my family? No.

It matters greatly that Microsoft do good business so ass to keep making great consoles for me to buy.

Somini said:
Seece said:

It's not like his word is that of GOD, so i'm not saying it can't possibly be wrong. But considering the article and the piece about what he does, Liam Tung is an Australian business technology journalist, then i don't see a reason to distrust him. It's the best professional piece we have on the matter. I could just claim they are hiding this and that, because i know how big corportaions work as i've worked for a coniving one for some time and they all are, but i wanted to show a journalistic article on the matter.

I've laid it out pretty clear for you. You either think MS are being seriously shady or not. It's pretty straight forward though, their hardware division has Surface, Windows Mobiles and Xbox, and they made a profit. Not $2 bill in losses. Those are the facts.

Unless like I said you think MS are being illegal? No need to skirt around the issue and use weak arguments like the fact he's a journalist means there is no need to distrust him (really?)

Somini said:
Seece said:

But the point is, Microsofts  Financial results prove hes wrong. He cant hide from the hard facts of these results. He lied plain and simple.

selnor1983 said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
selnor1983 said:
Carl2291 said:
selnor1983 said:
thx1139 said:
With the profit created by the Xbox business this launch quarter I believe this sets up Microsoft to be very aggressive moving forward with the Xbox One. If they see the PS4 lead start growing considerably they can easily counter with a lower price or add value with free games in the box, etc. This is what I suspected all along with the $500 price. It will end up giving them flexibility and it did not matter at launch. It may matter year 2, but the extra revenue from a $500 launch is already in the bank.

Yeah good points.

I think although Sony is selling well, Financially they made a bad call. MArketshare is to important to them. But then they are a poor Business company in comparison.

Debatable. While Microsoft have more room for cuts, Sony have the more favorable pricepoint that they will be able to maintain.

Look at the Wii and how long it stayed at $250 for the best example here. While Microsoft may be forced to cut/add value 12 months down the line, Sony will likely be sitting happy at current pricing into late 2015 (if not later). Assuming they will be making money on every PS4 sold pretty damn soon, this is good for them.

Arguably theyre in a better position HW-wise, until MS decide to do a Kinectless bundle that is.

While they are posting record profits I dont think MS will change anything. And Xbox is still profitable since 2008. Not 1 year with non profit since then. I reckon they are happy.

While what you said may be true, why do you care so much? do you own stock in microsoft? I dont undersand why you are so happy MS is getting rich for charging and extra $100 for what IMO is an inferior console.  

Thats a really simple answer.

I like Xbox. I like WP annd Windows. I enjoy using the products. If they are financially sound then I will continue to be ABLE to enjoy their products. Xbox wont be going anywhere soon whilst posting a profit.

Would I like it cheaper? Yes. At the expense of them making a loss and exiting the market? No.

Would I like a less features for this new gen cconsole to make it cheaper? No. Kinectless,, so less studios make family games for my family? No.

It matters greatly that Microsoft do good business so ass to keep making great consoles for me to buy.

Fair 'nuff @ bolded

@underlined you really think taking a loss on the console would force them to exit the market? Sony was able to take a much greater loss on the PS3 with much less of a cushion. I think the can competively price thier product with out stressing thier pockets too much.

Excuse my ignorance, but are there any perceivable adjustments?

Ex Graphics Whore.