By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki Week 2 ( Jan 6 - Jan 12) I love pink!

drake4 said:

i'm calling it now, there is noway wiiu will have a better year then then 2013, because it was a new hot product in 2013, launched with a huge killer app, and didn't have nextgen competition, in japan ps4 will also hurt wiiu sales, just watch and see, after mario kart and smash, nintedno has nothing which will sell consoles.

They can always lower the price, maybe 199.99 is the rigth spot.  

a price cut always sales some more.  

Around the Network

oh wii u.... when will you stop failing me?

Ouch at the complete animosity toward people who were optimistic for Wii U holding momentum. People actually talking about huge decline this week like it's some huge personal victory.

bosslug said:
Ouch at the complete animosity toward people who were optimistic for Wii U holding momentum. People actually talking about huge decline this week like it's some huge personal victory.

nintendo hit them in the balls, sounds personal enough for me

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

bosslug said:

Sadly I agree with you, but that is just those types of users. They like bashing certain company (or companies) and users when they are down, they can use the card they showcasing concern or talking about sales or someother BS, but lets be honest, they don't do it when the company they like is doing horrible. Infact they usually defend it. 

Given i am the guy who sees the glass empty this week in terms of hardware. (Japan in general for this whole year, I am not as optimistic towards the PS4 either in the long run.)

Edit: PS4 in Japan (Not WW, NA and EU PS4 will do amazing.

Around the Network

Wii U rocking the (bottom) world.
So much for the Wii U savior.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Just like I thought, WiiU will stabilize around 10k. Vita at 20k.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Just like I thought, WiiU will stabilize around 10k. Vita at 20k.

I think Wii U might be a bit lower sadly, and Vita might be between 15k-20k.

This is over time, not the first couple of weeks. 3DS most likely will be 40k over time.

Acevil said:
bosslug said:

Sadly I agree with you, but that is just those types of users. They like bashing certain company (or companies) and users when they are down, they can use the card they showcasing concern or talking about sales or someother BS, but lets be honest, they don't do it when the company they like is doing horrible. Infact they usually defend it. 

Given i am the guy who sees the glass empty this week in terms of hardware. (Japan in general for this whole year, I am not as optimistic towards the PS4 either in the long run.)

I think this forum honestly would be better off just ditching the company specific forums and just having one main forum focused on discussing sales and industry news. 

The company specific boards just breed annoying fanboys who act with no class most of the time and need to gloat any time they think "their side" is winning. It's hard to have solid, reasoned discussions about actual market specifics. 

bosslug said:

People were called out for unrealistic assumptions based on incomplete data on a site revolving around sales of consoles and software, how is this in any way uncalled for? Anyone who has spent any time in here knows that holidays are a really poor metric from which to deduce overall sales for the follwing year.

It's not about attacking people having hopes for their favorite console, at least for me; it's about calling out ridiculous and unfounded claims after the fact (and before and during, in my case) and against folks who are being downright silly and accounting only for their own wishes rather than market reality. People were being stupid about the whole thing, "Take that HATERS, the Wii U is set to dominate Japan, look at these November and December numbers! It's making a comeback!" It doesn't even have any contemporary competition yet and was even beaten by a machine that just entered its 8th year on the market and that never did that well over there to begin with.
It seems to me like a lot of Nintendo fans are doing what Sony fans did in 2006-2009; playing the victim card and acting overly defensive.

That said; if there still was any lingering doubts; I believe that anyone expecting the PS4 to set Japan on fire will be hugely diappointed as well, yet there seems to be quite a few of them.