By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki Week 2 ( Jan 6 - Jan 12) I love pink!

Touma said:

------Last year-------Now:

3DS 100,501 ------ 65 657
WiiU 20,912------- 14 029
PSV 10,534--------- 31 382

I wonder if it will last for Vita.

It will, I think sales will rise with new releases and restocking of ffx, so you have that tetris game coming out next week i think, then dragon ball z, some other lite titles until the big on im guessing is j stars victory vs

Around the Network

They should have released DKC in January. That was the month the system tanked last year, and it's happening again across the board.

WiiU is down YOY, even though last year was terrible!

Vita is still keeping the strong pace I guess, two weeks with no game releases and 30k is something. 2:1 is a good ratio with beasting 3DS.
Shin Gundam Musou near 300k this week !
WiiU will leave me in tears after each weekly these next two months. No release in sight :S . Someone please prove me wrong.

Somini said:
WiiU is down YOY, even though last year was terrible!

Launch "hype" (for lack of a better word) was still around during January. I believe it was February when the system start selling less than 10k on a regular basis.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Iwata sure dropped the BOMB!

*claps*

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

small 3rd parties do well on the 3ds

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

wii u wtf u doing

Wii U drop is predictable, consoles are dead there, Wii U is dead everywhere basically, they are going to get two decent boosts this year with Mario Kart and Smash but otherwise sales will likely remain mediocre for long stretches in between.

Decent Vita hold, looks like it will be the defacto no.2 platform in Japan this gen, much like PSP, but significantly weaker.

Holy crap! I expected the Wii U to drop, but not this hard or fast. I was expecting sales to gradually drop over the coming weeks to a new norm of ~20K. It dropped to 14K in just a week.

Wonder if this means PS4 domination in Japan, now.