By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create, Famitsu & Dengeki Week 2 ( Jan 6 - Jan 12) I love pink!

Max King of the Wild said:
Wii U sales makes me happy because maybe now some of those, "wii u will sell gangbusters this year" will shut up.

Wii U sales makes me sad for the Wii U owners who werent saying that which probably make up 90% of them. For them, I will shed a tear.

You are such a nice guy. Now everyone will start to love you

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Acevil said:
xytherion said:
Vita going strong! please keep it at that level :) now we need NA and Europe to keep it at that level too

I wouldn't view that as strong, and possibly not the new norm. Just like the Wii U will also go down a bit. 

Its not strong but good sales for Vita considering the sales of it for the last year. Wii U went down so much like it was before Holidays around 5-15k which is not looking good for it.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

biglittlesps said:
Acevil said:
xytherion said:
Vita going strong! please keep it at that level :) now we need NA and Europe to keep it at that level too

I wouldn't view that as strong, and possibly not the new norm. Just like the Wii U will also go down a bit. 

Its not strong but good sales for Vita considering the sales of it for the last year. Wii U went down so much like it was before Holidays around 5-15k which is not looking good for it.

I consider it a sign that the market is overall suffering, honestly the 3DS sales aren't really huge either. I wonder how the ps4 will do few months down the line (Not 1st Month, but the months after). 

Bad hardware numbers all around, especially that Wii U drop. It's going to need DKR to be big and until then, it's going to keep dropping. And then the PS4 is coming out, so things aren't looking good.

Conegamer said:
Steep drops all round, namely Wii U and Vita. I'd imagine their baseline will be around half of the current numbers, which isn't overly great.

15k baseline for Vita, considering it barely managed to stay above the 10k baseline last year even after the new model, would be an achievement.  As far as lowered expectations for achievements go.  Not great.

7k baseline for Wii-U would be an improvement over the 3k/week it was occasionally pulling but those were some of the lowest first year sales numbers for a Sony or Nintendo console in Japan for... as long as I can remember.  That would be really abysmal.

OT: Fantastic opening for Kirby, kudos to it.  Surprised it didn't stabalize hardware a little more, though.

But hardware massively down across the board.  What you'd expect, really.

Software is a lot more interesting.  FFX HD Vita still hanging around, which is exactly what I was talking about in the COMG thread but got shot down for it because "Final Fantasy games don't have legs".  There's a difference between not having legs and not charting in its third week of sale in the lowest point of the year.  Of course it was going to chart.  COMG was an anomaly.

I'm really surprised that Shin Gundam Musou is going to be the highest-selling Gundam game on Vita.  Considering it isn't exclusive and is one of a spree of Musou games for the console, it's performing really well.  And surprisingly well in relation to the PS3 version.

Also, FFX standalone for Vita gets restocked and re-enters Famitsu top 30.  Interesting.

It's going to be interesting watching Run for Money over the next few months.  And Attack on Titan, too, if it ever gets restocked.

And Youkai Watch.  Anime is starting soon, right?  500k+ seller incoming.

Around the Network

Boring sells for all hardware. But lets wait, Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong tropical freeze will make fantastic sells for Wii U :)

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

good hold for Vita, WiiU under PS3 cant be good a thing.

------Last year-------Now:

3DS 100,501 ------ 65 657
WiiU 20,912------- 14 029
PSV 10,534--------- 31 382

I wonder if it will last for Vita.

Wow, seeing the sales of Wii U this week, it hurts. Nintendo really needed a great game for January.
I can see world wide sales decline back to 30k until Donkey Kong comes out.

We can only hope that Mario Kart and Super Smash will do wonders..

Iwata sure dropped the BOMB!