By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Okami for Wii Blowout

a.l.e.x00 said:
I find that the Playstation 2 Okami looks nicer than the Wii Okami, because the Wii Okami lacks the rice paper texture of the Playstation 2 Okami. Sure, the Wii Okami may be brighter, and displayed in a higher resolution, but the lack of rice paper kind of ruins of water color painting atmosphere. Looking at the Wii Okami, you can just see that there's something missing. It's just not the same. Perhaps there is small hope, that the game will get its rice paper texture back.

Read. The. Thread. Before. Replying.  Jeeze people, is it that much to ask?

Around the Network
a.l.e.x00 said:
I find that the Playstation 2 Okami looks nicer than the Wii Okami, because the Wii Okami lacks the rice paper texture of the Playstation 2 Okami. Sure, the Wii Okami may be brighter, and displayed in a higher resolution, but the lack of rice paper kind of ruins of water color painting atmosphere. Looking at the Wii Okami, you can just see that there's something missing. It's just not the same. Perhaps there is small hope, that the game will get its rice paper texture back.

Sighs....have you read the thread at all? The latest build of the Wii version has the rice paper effect, its why I was asking if there had been any updated footage released. There are several posts that point this out, one of which that links directly to Capcom's official forum.

Edit: Nanzatips we have to stop having the same thoughts

I am glad that the rice paper effect is now in. I only scanned the upper half of the first page. I will scan the entire thread next time. However, I still find it disappointing that the Wii version may have less aligning. The Wii is superior to the Xbox, so it should not have less aligning. Hopefully, this will change.

"Well said, I can't honestly think of any game this generation that has had so much FUDD put behind it."

Remember when it was announced, and it was bashed as just another PS2 port? Those people actually lied they spoke for the Wii owners, when ACTUAL Wii owners kept pointing out this was one of the PS2 ports they WANTED.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

a.l.e.x00 said:
I am glad that the rice paper effect is now in. I only scanned the upper half of the first page. I will scan the entire thread next time. However, I still find it disappointing that the Wii version may have less aligning. The Wii is superior to the Xbox, so it should not have less aligning. Hopefully, this will change.

It has less aliasing (as in less jaggies), not aligning. Did you just skim the thread? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
a.l.e.x00 said:
I am glad that the rice paper effect is now in. I only scanned the upper half of the first page. I will scan the entire thread next time. However, I still find it disappointing that the Wii version may have less aligning. The Wii is superior to the Xbox, so it should not have less aligning. Hopefully, this will change.

It has less aliasing (as in less jaggies), not aligning. Did you just skim the thread? 

Skimmed it like milk. Less aliasing. Not aligning. Good.

I imagine Onna may not return to the forum, its a pity, but I do know the reason she changed her named was when she decided to adopt Sony and Nintendo as her companies of choice instead of just Nintendo. Because, well, she had it in her damn Sig, "Nintendo and Sony" Supporter.

I don't know what it is about JRPG fanboys/girls but it doesn't seem to take much to make their water boil over the edge with the way this generation is going unfortunately.

Source 

Here are the controls: reminiscent of TPs

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"