By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Okami for Wii Blowout

naznatips said:
TomaTito said:

Read the thread about Okami Wii over at Capcom's offical forum: http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=25016

It's very interesting how the things develop as the days pass on.

I think the port will be done well at the end, not so worried about it. I hope the PAL release is close to the US one, so I can play something while waiting for SSBB, but from that thread it looks like it will be a few months apart.

Anyways, back to Zackuuuu

That was pretty interesting. People literally were hunting for things to complain about, to the point that the complainer at the end was inventing visual effects that aren't real in order to find ways to attack the Wii version haha. It's also amazing how tolerant Capcom is of these people, that they actually do give them info when they complain like this. Still, that was a giant topic of people acting like children in an attempt to prove the PS2 version was still the "definitive."

I have the PS2 version, but I'm hardly going to deny that improvements have been made for this version.

Wow. I was pretty ticked when the Gamecube "exclusive" RE4 went to PS2, but I can't even imagine trying to make things up about problems with the port to make myself feel better.

On another note, EST is convenient for me -- I just subtract one -- but there's something to be said for using GMT on a forum that people around the world use.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
naznatips said:
TomaTito said:

Read the thread about Okami Wii over at Capcom's offical forum: http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=25016

It's very interesting how the things develop as the days pass on.

I think the port will be done well at the end, not so worried about it. I hope the PAL release is close to the US one, so I can play something while waiting for SSBB, but from that thread it looks like it will be a few months apart.

Anyways, back to Zackuuuu

That was pretty interesting.  People literally were hunting for things to complain about, to the point that the complainer at the end was inventing visual effects that aren't real in order to find ways to attack the Wii version haha.  It's also amazing how tolerant Capcom is of these people, that they actually do give them info when they complain like this.  Still, that was a giant topic of people acting like children in an attempt to prove the PS2 version was still the "definitive."  

I have the PS2 version, but I'm hardly going to deny that improvements have been made for this version.   

Well said, I can't honestly think of any game this generation that has had so much FUDD put behind it. I'm surprised no one has suggested that the Wii version would have less textures/worse graphics due to some sort of fabricated incompatibility between the PS2 and Wii's architecture, lol. Though the whole "Clover took the technology for Rice Paper texturing with them to the Grave" was golden gesture in that same vein.

Anyone else puzzled by Onna's history of behavior on this forum? First she appeared as Wiigirl, an avid Nintendo fangirl, then became Onna after she jumped on the Sony bandwagon as well and ever since has seemed somewhat sour with the mentality of the forums.

Girl Gamer Elite said:

Anyone else puzzled by Onna's history of behavior on this forum? First she appeared as Wiigirl, an avid Nintendo fangirl, then became Onna after she jumped on the Sony bandwagon as well and ever since has seemed somewhat sour with the mentality of the forums.

It's a natural feeling of ownership.  Now that she owns a PS3, she wants to see support for it.  How would you feel to know you bought a $400-$600 paper-weight?

Words Of Wisdom said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

Anyone else puzzled by Onna's history of behavior on this forum? First she appeared as Wiigirl, an avid Nintendo fangirl, then became Onna after she jumped on the Sony bandwagon as well and ever since has seemed somewhat sour with the mentality of the forums.

It's a natural feeling of ownership. Now that she owns a PS3, she wants to see support for it. How would you feel to know you bought a $400-$600 paper-weight?

I think that's part of it. I mean if you remember when she bought it, it was because Sony of Europe was dropping the 60GB model. She was on the fence because of the price of the system and the fact that their weren't that many games out for it that she wanted. I know I wasn't the only that noticed how pissed she got everytime an JRPG was announced as a 360 exclusive/timed exclusive. Basically she bought the system on the assumption that their would be more Japanese styled games for it and because she didn't want to take the risk that later on she'd be stuck with a gimped 40GB model. So far the PS3 hasn't exactly been trumping the 360 in JRPG content.

naznatips said:
RolStoppable said:
I will get this game, the only thing that is missing is an European release date.

Completely off topic: Why has VG Chartz been americanized? The time shown in forum posts is now EST.

I don't know, but since I live in an Eastern time zone I like it. ^_^

QFTMFT

OT: I'm looking forward to getting Okami for ze Wii.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

It's a natural feeling of ownership. Now that she owns a PS3, she wants to see support for it. How would you feel to know you bought a $400-$600 paper-weight?

I think that's part of it. I mean if you remember when she bought it, it was because Sony of Europe was dropping the 60GB model. She was on the fence because of the price of the system and the fact that their weren't that many games out for it that she wanted. I know I wasn't the only that noticed how pissed she got everytime an JRPG was announced as a 360 exclusive/timed exclusive. Basically she bought the system on the assumption that their would be more Japanese styled games for it and because she didn't want to take the risk that later on she'd be stuck with a gimped 40GB model. So far the PS3 hasn't exactly been trumping the 360 in JRPG content.

That's a shame really.

No system is established as the definitive RPG system yet so buying any system for the RPGs is pretty foolish IMO.  I'd be pretty frustrated if I bought one just for them and found out it's still up in the air as to what systems will get the most.

At least she still has her Wii (too bad it's almost as limited for RPGs atm as the PS3).

Have any updated videos of Okami Wii been posted yet? I want to see if Ready at Dawn's rice paper texture measures up to Clover's original PS2 effect.

Personally, I still prefer the PS3's JRPG content over the 360's, and in the end that's what convinced me that the PS3 is the HD console I want, and it's what I'm saving for right now. However, I admit that this time it was a much harder choice. It ended up coming down to White Knight Story vs. Lost Odyssey and Star Ocean 4 vs. Infinite Undiscovery. And yes, I know SO4 isn't announced for PS3 yet, but I'm going by the odds.

The other real decision maker for me was the amount of 360 games that appear on the PC. Mass Effect, Bioshock, and many of the 360's other biggest games I have simply already played or will be playing in the near future.

Also, I don't think you can solely attribute Onna's attitude to owning a PS3. She switched her name to Onna long before she actually purchased a PS3. It's not like everyone who buys a PS3 become instantly bitter either. Some of the most amicable members of this forum are PS3 owners like MakingMusic and Iclim. Something seems to have changed her outlook on gaming though, and she's certainly been pretty aggressive. I hope she's okay.

I find that the Playstation 2 Okami looks nicer than the Wii Okami, because the Wii Okami lacks the rice paper texture of the Playstation 2 Okami. Sure, the Wii Okami may be brighter, and displayed in a higher resolution, but the lack of rice paper kind of ruins of water color painting atmosphere. Looking at the Wii Okami, you can just see that there's something missing. It's just not the same. Perhaps there is small hope, that the game will get its rice paper texture back.

naznatips said:
Personally, I still prefer the PS3's JRPG content over the 360's, and in the end that's what convinced me that the PS3 is the HD console I want, and it's what I'm saving for right now. However, I admit that this time it was a much harder choice. It ended up coming down to White Knight Story vs. Lost Odyssey and Star Ocean 4 vs. Infinite Undiscovery. And yes, I know SO4 isn't announced for PS3 yet, but I'm going by the odds.

The other real decision maker for me was the amount of 360 games that appear on the PC. Mass Effect, Bioshock, and many of the 360's other biggest games I have simply already played or will be playing in the near future.

Also, I don't think you can solely attribute Onna's attitude to owning a PS3. She switched her name to Onna long before she actually purchased a PS3. It's not like everyone who buys a PS3 become instantly bitter either. Some of the most amicable members of this forum are PS3 owners like MakingMusic and Iclim. Something seems to have changed her outlook on gaming though, and she's certainly been pretty aggressive. I hope she's okay.

I didn't solely attribute her attitude to owning a PS3. I am stating what I have observed. Look at any topic in which there is speculation that a JRPG is going to be exclusive or time exclusive for 360. Look at her responses. I've noticed it for a while, I just chose not to say anything. It sorta how both you and I get agitated by what we view as the over praising of FFVII. Certain things get under the skin of people.