By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Okami for Wii Blowout

yeah, I mean 8 people. how long did they work on it? one year?

8 FTE for one year = cost of about 800K USD. very cheap

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Why does it look so damn ugly? Ugh...

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

I think Ready At Dawn answered the question of why the rice paper texture couldn't be transferred. They said they needed the help of Clover to decipher the code and make it work for the Wii, but since Capcom unceremoniously broke Clover apart and rid themselves of them, Clover was unavailable to help. God I hate Capcom sometimes.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
I think Ready At Dawn answered the question of why the rice paper texture couldn't be transferred. They said they needed the help of Clover to decipher the code and make it work for the Wii, but since Capcom unceremoniously broke Clover apart and rid themselves of them, Clover was unavailable to help. God I hate Capcom sometimes.

so you mean when they dissolved Clover they shot all the guys who had knowledge of the rice paper, right?

if not, pick up the phone and call them. many probably still work for Capcom. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Hmm, looks a lot worse than the PS2 version. Meh.

Around the Network

I like the Wii images better - crisper, brighter. It's a shame about the rice paper texture, but people who own the original don't have much incentive to buy it again anyway, and those discovering Okami for the first time certainly won't miss it.

The only thing I care about is the draw distance. The PS2 version looked gorgeous, but running around after animals to feed in the huge open areas was a pain in the butt due to them popping up 3 meters away.

I'll wait a few months for the price drop to $29. Not enough new content to warrant a purchase on release

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Parokki said:
The only thing I care about is the draw distance. The PS2 version looked gorgeous, but running around after animals to feed in the huge open areas was a pain in the butt due to them popping up 3 meters away.

I never had a chance to play the PS2 version since my PS2 was kaput but then. Since you have experience with it, watch the IGN video of the game and give your impressions. The draw distance seems fine to me and the graphics look good with the exception the lack of the "rice paper" effect.

IGN has an earlier build, it's been confirmed by RAD employees on NeoGAF that the rice paper effect has been implemented since then.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9789824&postcount=736 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9790565&postcount=778