By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Okami for Wii Blowout

IGN has videos, screenshots, an interview and impressions from 6 hours of hands-on time with the title. Highlights:

- Paintbrush is incredibly quick and accurate. Makes thumbstick control look clumsy.

- Attack control bound to waggle, combos harder than with buttons. Also, dodging bound to nunchuk waggle and inaccurate.

- Game supports "quasi" 16:9, small black bars on either side of screen.

- Game looks brighter and cleaner, but loses rice-paper texture which couldn't be ported. New information suggests that the rice-paper texture has been added in a later build.

- No new content, game remains intact, but cutscenes are now skippable.

- Porting team was 8 people at it's peak. Cheapest port ever?

Link to hands-on impressions:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/852/852530p1.html

Link to Ready at Dawn interview:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/852/852531p1.html

Screenshots:

See More Okami Various at IGN.com

See More Okami Screenshot at IGN.com

Link to videos:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/884/884970/vids_1.html 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

WHat??? No rice paper texture????

I will snagums.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

And look, the video embed didn't work. If somebody knows the necessary voodoo to get IGN videos to show up on these forums, please teach me, master.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

epsilon72 said:
WHat??? No rice paper texture????

yes, thats a bummer. wonder why it didnt work? maybe they didnt have time  

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Can someone post a pic of the rice paper texture. Ive never played this game before and want to know what the big fuss is all about.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

see the "grainyness"? original ps2 pic. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Wow, why couldn't they port the texture? That is kind of teh suck. Well, I have the PS2 version, so whatever.

I guess with a team of 8 people, it couldn't be done...

It's a minor thing, I doubt it'll really matter. It looks fine without it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

i hope it wont be ported bad

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"