By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tired of Kuturagi's insanity, here's Miyamoto...

rocketpig said:
souixan said:

Legend11 said:
And Super Mario Galaxy isn't just rehash of the old game ideas? (Stomp on your enemies, gain a power by breaking a box, collect coins, etc).

Did I say it wasn't? I said it was less of one then Halo which is truth like it or not.

Oh, for crying out loud... Stop comparing 20+ years of gameplay in Super Mario Bros. to 4 years of gameplay in Halo (since none of us have played Halo 3, no one can comment on it). I would hope that in that time, Myamoto changed up the gameplay a bit in the SMB series. I'm not bashing the series, I own and beat every damned one of them. They're great games.

Besides, Halo is a strict trilogy. This series ends after this. If Bungie decided to radically change their gameplay element in the third installment, don't you think that would kinda alienate their fanbase, not to mention throw their tightly-woven story for a loop?

No this is the last Halo with MC as the playable character, Bungie will probably follow up with something involving the forerunners, a couple more RTS's in the Halo universe, maybe some games taking place after the Halo series, etc. etc. this isn't the end of the Halo franchise, I won't be surprised if we see a Halo racing game at some point

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

That's why I said "this series ends after this" and not "Halo ends after this". The Halo world isn't dead, but this current storyline is and it makes sense that they keep the gameplay virtually the same for the trilogy. Who knows what they'll do next with the Halo universe (other than the already-announced RTS).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
That's why I said "this series ends after this" and not "Halo ends after this". The Halo world isn't dead, but this current storyline is and it makes sense that they keep the gameplay virtually the same for the trilogy. Who knows what they'll do next with the Halo universe (other than the already-announced RTS).

Hmmm...they'll probably change something very minor.  Halo's not going to end any time soon, and it's not going to change much either.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
He didn't dis Halo...he just said that's not his kind of game. Miyamoto could make a Halo type game if he wanted, Nintendo has the resources to make a Halo-like game. People forget that Nintendo is a game developer as well as a console maker. And as a game developer, Nintendo excels at making games that appeal to people of all ages. There's nothing wrong with them doing what they do best. BTW, in my opinion, Super Mario Sunshine even beats Halo. There's nothing special about Halo...it's just a standard shoot/nade/melee FPS made to appeal the masses.

So Miyamato is a genius when he creates a great mass-market game (Wii Sports), but Bungie is considered to be an average, "unremarkable" developer when they create a brilliant mass-market FPS (HALO).

Face it, Miyamoto's comment about Halo is just as bad as the "arrogant" crap that Sony's been saying for the last year that seems to get everyone else riled up.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

I'm not reading this but he's crazy.

"I make games that are new, and creative, and something fun, Not whateveryone wants."

Well kind sir. Last time I checked, when Bungie was makeing Halo1, they did not expect it to sell amazing, they did not expect it to become a cult game bigger than anything else in history. They were just creating... a... WAIT FOR IT.

A New, Creative, and fun game! ***NOT*** meant for everyone.

Unlike Super Paper Mario, wich is made for a small nich market, that is not really very new.

Halo was everything he said he is. I consider that basically a lie, becuase he must not have known about Halo untill Halo2 came out. Because Halo2 sucked, was not new, and was made for everyone. But maybe he should do his research first before he says he could have made it. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network
Cobretti said:
haha all this goldeneye v halo crap. Face it people the two best fps ever are starseige: tribes (moded with annihilation, meltdown or renegades) and unreal tournament.

I think it would be any two from this group: GoldenEye, Half-Life, Alien vs Predator 2, Operation Flashpoint, Serious Sam:TSE/II, Soldier of Fortune II, Hitman(some of them), FarCry and maybe Cs.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kwaad said:

I'm not reading this but he's crazy.

"I make games that are new, and creative, and something fun, Not whateveryone wants."

Well kind sir. Last time I checked, when Bungie was makeing Halo1, they did not expect it to sell amazing, they did not expect it to become a cult game bigger than anything else in history. They were just creating... a... WAIT FOR IT.

A New, Creative, and fun game! ***NOT*** meant for everyone.

Unlike Super Paper Mario, wich is made for a small nich market, that is not really very new.

Halo was everything he said he is. I consider that basically a lie, becuase he must not have known about Halo untill Halo2 came out. Because Halo2 sucked, was not new, and was made for everyone. But maybe he should do his research first before he says he could have made it. 

?

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Punisher said:
Cobretti said:
haha all this goldeneye v halo crap. Face it people the two best fps ever are starseige: tribes (moded with annihilation, meltdown or renegades) and unreal tournament.

I think it would be any two from this group: GoldenEye, Half-Life, Alien vs Predator 2, Operation Flashpoint, Serious Sam:TSE/II, Soldier of Fortune II, Hitman(some of them), FarCry and maybe Cs.

Great list. AvP doesn't get enough love. It introduced survival FPS gameplay. HL was a real classic by itself, not to mention CS and DoD popping out of its mod system. Far Cry was also a great game (on PC), though I wouldn't quite put it on this list. GoldenEye speaks for itself. And then there's Halo. And let's not forget Doom 2 and UT.

I think that sums up the five or six most influential FPS games ever.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

"Wow, little hostile there eh?  Halo 1 & 2 are both awesome games. They completely elevated the FPS genre to a whole new level (not to say that Goldeneye isn't still awesome), and clearly were a huge influence on videogame development. Liking Halo isn't anywhere near brainless, much unlike your statements."

Halo to me just sucks..Me being a simpleton it may not be a popular thought, but it is mine.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I hate when the headlines kind of portray a false picture. I don't think for a second this comment was mean to sound arrogent like it comes off by itself. He clearly is saying only go in that direction creatively if you love that kind of game experience. He's more or least saying "be true to yourself" Or "don't sell out". Hence he tends to focus on the concepts he loves, thats why you get games like Pikimin that are based on his gardening experience. All though for the record I'd love to see Miyamato make a Haloesque game.

On a side note how uptight it Nintendo? I know after Pokemon sold a million units in America they were like, "never mind that why aren't you guys selling a bizillion copies of Brain Age?" and now they're after japan about Zelda. They're the only company in the world that is cranky about only selling  a few million copies of a game. It's like relax. I know Miyamato is always searching for the next big thing. He used to always talk about the Tomagachi rage and how he wanted to create things to mimick that. Although I think Pokemon has got tomagachi beat.