By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tired of Kuturagi's insanity, here's Miyamoto...

Legend11 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Legend11 said:

I just hate when Miyamoto lectures to other companies about making endless sequels of established hits. That and when he dismisses and belittles games like Halo. Resident Evil, etc. Or when he and Nintendo tells us what we need and want. Like telling us we don't need or want online games (they said it last generation and it was because at the time they couldn't find a way to profit a lot off of gamers from it). Oh and when he says that companies should start censoring their games or only releasing "happy games". I don't watch the Disney Channel and I wouldn't want to see it on every channel so why should it be that way with games? He says they're for everyone yet he then seems to imply that they need to be childlike or not have adult themes. He may be a great designer but he and Nintendo shouldn't act like they're the end all of knowing what people want in games.

Want to know what I think makes them look like real hypocrites? They put down games like Resident Evil then paid to have Resident Evil 4 exclusive on their system. I guess to them money means more than the words they say and that it must all be bullshit then. They're even having Resident Evil 4 on the Wii and another Resident Evil game that's exclusive to the Wii. Next time Nintendo regurgitates the same old BS statements to the press about dark games remember that.

Miyamoto's comments are his own, not Nintendo's entirely. And RE isn't mentioned in the interview, so your comment on that is wrong, same as Nintendo paying for RE to be exclusive. If that was the case, there would be an actual contract, which would have prevented a PS2 port.

There was a contract, it was a timed exclusive.

Maybe so, but Miyamoto did not mention Resident Evil, so your hypocracy claim is false.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
fooflexible said:

I hate when the headlines kind of portray a false picture. I don't think for a second this comment was mean to sound arrogent like it comes off by itself. He clearly is saying only go in that direction creatively if you love that kind of game experience. He's more or least saying "be true to yourself" Or "don't sell out". Hence he tends to focus on the concepts he loves, thats why you get games like Pikimin that are based on his gardening experience. All though for the record I'd love to see Miyamato make a Haloesque game.

On a side note how uptight it Nintendo? I know after Pokemon sold a million units in America they were like, "never mind that why aren't you guys selling a bizillion copies of Brain Age?" and now they're after japan about Zelda. They're the only company in the world that is cranky about only selling a few million copies of a game. It's like relax. I know Miyamato is always searching for the next big thing. He used to always talk about the Tomagachi rage and how he wanted to create things to mimick that. Although I think Pokemon has got tomagachi beat.

This is how Nintendo got to be the best developer in the business that's created this *false* conventional wisdom that 3rd parties don't like Nintendo systems because their games can't compete with Nintendo's. Conventional wisdom is the worst "wisdom" of all by the way.

Kudos to any company seeking to improve itself. Quality is part of their reputation and they like to get their games as well-received as they possibly can. I knew looking over the months at Twilight Princess's Japan sales that Nintendo was not happy with that output in the least. I was so surprised about it that I wrote a thread looking into the history of Zelda in Japan not long ago based on VGChartz figures. Zelda's name isn't quite as big there as it is here. The original and Ocarina of Time were the highest entries of that region. All Zelda games are excellent (save for those CD-i entries) but Japan simply isn't as behind this franchise like we are. I know that bothers Nintendo seeing as the Zelda universe is probably its second most notable mascot franchise.

I'm sure they will review what's going on here & the next Zelda will have a fresh direction. Seeing what's wrong and trying to remedy it is how you become the best in your field. That's a good thing in my view.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

I think when one "hates" something, one will try anything to nit pick at that. Regardless of what Miyamoto said, some haters will somehow find something bad to say about it. On another note, I think Nintendo doesn't suffer from publishers pushing deadline which most of the time is the cause of a poorly released game, such as spidey 3. They have the advantage of time, which they can fine tune the game until is fully ready.

Well, ok, enough about the SMB vs Halo stuff. How about we change track a little bit. What do you think about his comment where he wants to make a game that will make kids behave better and people pay taxes on time?

Punisher said:
Cobretti said:
haha all this goldeneye v halo crap. Face it people the two best fps ever are starseige: tribes (moded with annihilation, meltdown or renegades) and unreal tournament.

I think it would be any two from this group: GoldenEye, Half-Life, Alien vs Predator 2, Operation Flashpoint, Serious Sam:TSE/II, Soldier of Fortune II, Hitman(some of them), FarCry and maybe Cs.

OPERATION FLASHPOINT!!!!!!!!!! best war game ever!!!!! 

halo??

ahahahha nothing compared with operation!!!

ever tried mod packs on OFP???

IMHO best war game ever and one of the best fps ever!

Around the Network

americans like guns... this is the reason why halo sold well. face it. it' was the only decent fps on xbox..that's the reason. halo 2 was not so hig game... halo 3 will be the worst... for sure.

ALKO said:
americans like guns... this is the reason why halo sold well. face it. it' was the only decent fps on xbox..that's the reason. halo 2 was not so hig game... halo 3 will be the worst... for sure.

You do realize that Halo 2 outsold Halo by a wide margin, right?

Seriously, if you don't like the game, so be it. Stop acting like it's a crappy game just because it didn't appeal to you. Get over it. Millions of people love the Halo series. You don't. Move on and go play something you like.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

ALKO said:

Penny-Arcade's opinion of Halo in 2001 (soon after it was released)

In all honesty Halo's single player game was not particularly special when compared to a lot of PC games of that time. What it really did was bring a lot of PC FPS storytelling elements to the console and was (by far) the easiest lan party game; 2 or 4 consoles and 2 or 4 TVs meant that you could have a pretty good party with (next to) no effort, trying to get 8 to 16 people with decent PCs to play a game was a nightmare.

rocketpig said:
ALKO said:

You do realize that Halo 2 outsold Halo by a wide margin, right?

Seriously, if you don't like the game, so be it. Stop acting like it's a crappy game just because it didn't appeal to you. Get over it. Millions of people love the Halo series. You don't. Move on and go play something you like.

just my opinion!!!

halo series sold well.

but as game nothing to compare with pc games.

would be a good thing add xbox sells to pc sells and then compare with best fps series on pc.

IMHO halo it's not as good as many pc games.

it sold well it's true.

but this reinforce miyamoto statement!!!

it would be easy for him considered the best game designer ever to make a game like halo.

change halo with another fps A+ game for pc.

statement is valid again.

so to return in topic:

no miyamoto san it's not like kuturagi san.

and kuturagi san is far better than new sonian guys...

I can't believe you guys are disecting Mr Miyamoto's statements like this. English isn't even his first language. Have you seen his E3 2006 preview. He gets lost in the English so he asks someone to translate for him as he speaks Japanese. Shame on you. If you dissect anyones statements or lives enough you will find a scandal or something stupid that they say.