By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tired of Kuturagi's insanity, here's Miyamoto...

I'm glad that someone else understood what Miyamoto was trying to say...why are there so many that seek to take a TRANSLATION out of context with the intent to provoke an argument?

Around the Network

Well this thread was an exercise in taking things way out of context... On an unrelated note, I got Bomberman for DS!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Well this thread was an exercise in taking things way out of context... On an unrelated note, I got Bomberman for DS!

Not a bad game, but I personally find the save game system a bit confusing and restrictive. It's still fun playing solo, but I think that game really shines only in multiplayer mode... 

your mother said:

Not a bad game, but I personally find the save game system a bit confusing and restrictive. It's still fun playing solo, but I think that game really shines only in multiplayer mode...

Agreed on both counts.

And one more thing, it seems that Miyamoto was tracked down for comment on the reactions to his claims. Here's what he had to say.

That is SO not what I meant! 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

What Miyamoto meant by his "I could do Halo" comment is that his vision of the game would be more along the lines of this:

Around the Network

The reason Miyamoto has room to talk is track record. He IS involved with the oversight of many projects which is why Metroid Prime came out the way it did. He meddles in the projects until the thing is polished. No one's perfect but there's a reason people would kill to have Miyamoto work for their company (though it will never happen).

The dude is straight up with you. He said Zelda bombed in Japan which I'm sad to say is true. Nintendo's recognizing the shift in the game market there which is why Wii & DS are so successful. Epic games like Zelda will have to be revised in output next go round. It's all in Malstrom's Theory of Cycles (boy did that guy hit it on the head on that one; one of the truest theories I've ever heard). I only played Zelda when I was in the mental mood for it. Your mind has to be in a certain place or you won't enjoy the adventure as much. It took dedication and I had to set aside a day or so to get into it properly. 12 hour sessions then stop for a few days and come back. Time gets away from working people so it took me about 4 months to beat the thing. Beautiful game but I can see one reason why Japanese may not have had time for it. DS games take up a lot of time so long-playing adventures like Zelda may not be in vogue as they once were. At least not without some changes.

This is why the guy's good. Why the company's good. He recognizes stuff that can be improved and we all know he said this was last console traditional Zelda. He's gonna review its performance in Japan and reformat the approach of the game. I guarantee you Nintendo is checking for the lacking qualities of the DS & Wii as we speak. That's how they became the best in the business. They seek to improve from the past. Those who think Miyamoto can't conceptualize and design any game of his choosing is deluding themselves. This guy made a real time strategy game with Pikmin. He made a pet sim with Nintendogs. He's made racing games like F-Zero and 3-D flight shooters like Starfox 64 (which is probably why that version casts a long shadow to its aftercomers; we've been waiting for another REAL Starfox 64 for ages!). Yes, baby, he COULD have made a Halo if he chose to (and with his influence on Metroid Prime he sorta already did). He didn't say he was the only gamemaker in town. And he chooses certain products HE would be interested in.

He didn't like Donkey Kong Country either. I don't agree with him and I liked the game. You don't always have to nod and agree because he says so but his opinion has weight BECAUSE he's been successful for 30 years making and coming up with these games and concepts. If you think his opinion is invalid, you're gonna have to compare your track record to his because his speaks for itself.

Game design, game control, market direction. Yeah Miyamoto can back up his so-called "trashtalk" because he's proven himself time and time again.

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

ckmlb said:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20037961,00.html

Come to think of it, I could have made Halo too I just decided not to..... 

Dude, you're pretty much just misquoting him.  He says he could make Halo, not that he could have made it.  He's implying he could do that sort of game and make it great, but he doesn't want to because he doesn't like that kind of game.  In no way does he imply that he could have originate the idea.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

haha all this goldeneye v halo crap. Face it people the two best fps ever are starseige: tribes (moded with annihilation, meltdown or renegades) and unreal tournament.

honestly im glad the asians dont buy into that garbage,Halo. me being a brotha i think Halo is a brainless, boring game.. ya....lets shoot somone 47 times and they dont die..(HAHAHA) weak story,"BUT WEEZ THE CONTROLS ARE GREA" Yeah who cares Gears of War absolutely SHITS on HALO. YAA! HALO TOTALLY RULEZ DUDE!! NO. I dont think so... it just shows we have alot of brainless consumers in US/EU.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY