By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tired of Kuturagi's insanity, here's Miyamoto...

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20037961,00.html

Come to think of it, I could have made Halo too I just decided not to..... 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

LOL, classic quote!

"Do you feel like an old man?
Well, I'm getting older and I have to pay more attention to my weight now. [Rubs his tummy] So that's sort of a hobby of mine. I try to swim at least twice a week. People say I should play the Wii to work out, but whenever I do that it feels like I'm at work!"

EDIT - its pretty brutal and honest when someone like Miyamoto says that "Twilight Princess has failed in Japan" - 500k is just not good enough...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

ckmlb said:

think you're missing the point.  but the dude's stubborn... not that it's a bad thing, since otherwise we wouldn't have the Wii Sports and the likes.

what i don't understand is why nintendo just leaves money on the table by not putting more resources in FPS.  he can say "fun" and "smiles" and "family friendly" all he wants but in that sense miyamoto is hurting nintendo's bottom line, if not in the future, then most certainly for the first half of this decade.

the Wii is an epidemic.

ckmlb said:

Halo isn't his kind of game...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Twilight failed at 500k units... how many did Halo sell? Half of that in Japan? Miyo tends to want to make games that succeed in Japan... (which is sort of fair enough!).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I do like the fact that he is willing to acknowledge failures. That's a lot more than I can say about some other execs. You can't really fix problems if you can't admit when you're wrong.

Lingyis said:

what i don't understand is why nintendo just leaves money on the table by not putting more resources in FPS.  he can say "fun" and "smiles" and "family friendly" all he wants but in that sense miyamoto is hurting nintendo's bottom line, if not in the future, then most certainly for the first half of this decade.

How is he hurting Nintendo's bottom line? Nintendo's earnings are up 77% from last year. Why should Nintendo go into a genre that is totally saturated? Sounds like a lame venture when your company is already raking it the dough.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

How can no one else see this as being an arrogant ass claiming that he can make Halo on the fly as in he's that good that games come out perfectly from him left and right...

RolStoppable said:
ckmlb said:
How can no one else see this as being an arrogant ass claiming that he can make Halo on the fly as in he's that good that games come out perfectly from him left and right...

What's so special about Halo anyway? Is it a ground-breaking game? It can't be that hard to make a FPS, that is critically acclaimed if you use astroturfing (Halo 2 has no end, that should have lowered the ratings).

Reality is that Halo only became so successful because of MS's hype machine and that kind of promotion only seems to work in the USA, in the rest of the world Halo isn't a big selling game.

Miyamoto doesn't want to make games that require excessive use of violence. I don't see a problem with that. I appreciate his decission.

Even without blood and gore most of his games are rated very high and sell great. That's something not many developers can say about their games.

Halo is an amazing game and if it's not your thing just say it. How hard is it to make Super Mario Galaxy? it's the same Mario game sinec N64 with added stuff, does that mean it's a bad game?