By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tired of Kuturagi's insanity, here's Miyamoto...

RolStoppable said:
Legend11 said:
I just hate when Miyamoto lectures to other companies about making endless sequels of established hits. That and when he dismisses and belittles games like Halo. Resident Evil, etc. Or when he and Nintendo tells us what we need and want. Like telling us we don't need or want online games (they said it last generation and it was because at the time they couldn't find a way to profit a lot off of gamers from it). Oh and when it thinks companies should start censoring their games or only releasing "happy games". I don't watch the Disney Channel and I wouldn't want to see it on every channel so why should it be that way with games? He says they're for everyone yet he then seems to imply that they need to be childlike or not have adult themes. He may be a great designer but he and Nintendo shouldn't feel likely they're the end all of knowing what people want in games.

Isn't it good for 3rd parties that Nintendo doesn't make any violent games? Nintendo leaves all of the "mature" market for the 3rd parties. There goes the argument that 3rd parties would have to compete with Nintendo games on Nintendo systems in order to achieve good sales.

Miyamoto dismissed or belittled Resident Evil, even though Nintendo had the franchise exclusive on Gamecube for a short period? Source please.

If less than 4 million people (probably less than 2 million) played online regularly last gen, Nintendo was probably right when they said "gamers don't want online yet" some years ago.

No, because traditionally a large proportion of Nintendo console buyers are not interested in those games anyway, they buy them for the Nintendo games, I dunno if that will change with the Wii. There are exceptions, but they are few and far between.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

He didn't dis Halo...he just said that's not his kind of game. Miyamoto could make a Halo type game if he wanted, Nintendo has the resources to make a Halo-like game. People forget that Nintendo is a game developer as well as a console maker. And as a game developer, Nintendo excels at making games that appeal to people of all ages. There's nothing wrong with them doing what they do best. BTW, in my opinion, Super Mario Sunshine even beats Halo. There's nothing special about Halo...it's just a standard shoot/nade/melee FPS made to appeal the masses.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Dude is delusional. But he does know what hes good at and stick with it, a Halo attempt is the last thing he should try.

I don't think Miyamoto was dissing Halo either. Any game designer should be able to make an FPS. They are pretty standard now. Halo isn't that special. Nothing in Halo is original, there have been many FPSs before Halo that did what Halo does. Gamers that have never played PC FPSs play Halo.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

mancandy said:
I don't think Miyamoto was dissing Halo either. Any game designer should be able to make an FPS. They are pretty standard now. Halo isn't that special. Nothing in Halo is original, there have been many FPSs before Halo that did what Halo does. Gamers that have never played PC FPSs play Halo.

Yes PS FPS were always graet on pc, but console fps always laged behing them untill Halo.

Halo was a fresh breath for FPS on consoles.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
ckmlb said:

Halo is an amazing game and if it's not your thing just say it. How hard is it to make Super Mario Galaxy? it's the same Mario game sinec N64 with added stuff, does that mean it's a bad game?

Compare Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy. Look at the differences between the games.

Compare Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3. Look at the differences between the games.

Then tell me which series has changed more. Which series offers different gameplay experiences with each installment and which series is nearly the same game with each installment?

Come you make it sound like the changes were massive, they weren't. I didn't say there were no changes made. 

ckmlb said:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20037961,00.html

Come to think of it, I could have made Halo too I just decided not to..... 

He's they guy who told them to go first person with Metroid Prime, so yeah he could design Halo, and probably make it better

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
ckmlb said:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20037961,00.html

Come to think of it, I could have made Halo too I just decided not to.....

He's they guy who told them to go first person with Metroid Prime, so yeah he could design Halo, and probably make it better

So him saying Metroid should go first person proves he can make Halo, how is that exactly?

People need to stop thinking this guy is god... 

RolStoppable said:
Blue3 said:
mancandy said:

Yes PS FPS were always graet on pc, but console fps always laged behing them untill Halo.

Halo was a fresh breath for FPS on consoles.

I don't play FPS on the PC and nearly none on console, it's just not the genre I am interested in. When you say Halo is on the same level as PC FPS you want to imply that FPS on the PC are haloish as well?

Most people that played FPS before Halo either say that the PC is still the home for great FPS or that console FPS like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark on the N64 were much better.

Most people that love Halo have probably never played PC FPS or N64 FPS before.

Halo is leaps and bounds ahead of Perfect Dark and Goldeneye were and understandably so. Have you played anything not on a Nintendo console?

As a PC FPS gamer I tried the Halo demo out on the PC, it was Nice. But nothing more then nice.. I liked the buggies (I even used a Gamepad for them), but nothing else really stood out for me. I'm more hyped for Portal then Halo 2....but I'll give the demo a try :) Miyamoto is good at what he does, he doesn't want to create an FPS, thats fine, there are lots of 3rd parties who will. If none of them get it right, well there will always be the PC to play them on - and yet I would love a Great FPS on the Wii if it is possible. I like the Wii and the couple of nintendo games I've played as it provides a very different experience to the PC.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"