By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tired of Kuturagi's insanity, here's Miyamoto...

So Miyamoto said that about Halo, how important. I'm more concerned about this:

Why do you think Zelda isn't doing well in Japan? Well, I think a lot of people who bought the Wii are not necessarily the types of people who are interested in playing that kind of game. And a lot of the people who would want to play it [due to chronic shortages of the console] can't find a Wii! But mostly, I think it's that there are fewer and fewer people who are interested in playing a big role-playing game like Zelda.

I want to have more Zelda-like games on the WII and not all that party games crap. 1-3 games is fun but if the WII turns out to be a party game console only, my interest will not only loose in the WII but in gaming in general as the WII is for me the only interesting (next-gen) console.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Around the Network

don't worry about it WiiGirl76, Wii won't lack for good games. Party games are being made non stop and eventually people will stop buying them, the market will hit saturation and they won't do well. So long as the market is there (and there are still plenty of people who own Wiis who like rich, deep games, otherwise Zelda would not have sold so much) then the games will be made. It's simply the laws of capitalism, supply and demand. Hardcore gaming isn't going anywhere.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

At most we'll see it end up more skewed towards the casual, but there will still be games for the more hardcore gamers

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

weezy said:
honestly im glad the asians dont buy into that garbage,Halo. me being a brotha i think Halo is a brainless, boring game.. ya....lets shoot somone 47 times and they dont die..(HAHAHA) weak story,"BUT WEEZ THE CONTROLS ARE GREA" Yeah who cares Gears of War absolutely SHITS on HALO. YAA! HALO TOTALLY RULEZ DUDE!! NO. I dont think so... it just shows we have alot of brainless consumers in US/EU.

Wow, little hostile there eh?  Halo 1 & 2 are both awesome games. They completely elevated the FPS genre to a whole new level (not to say that Goldeneye isn't still awesome), and clearly were a huge influence on videogame development. Liking Halo isn't anywhere near brainless, much unlike your statements.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

ckmlb said:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20037961,00.html

Come to think of it, I could have made Halo too I just decided not to.....

NO YOU'RE WRONG!!!!

MIYAMOTO SAID:

"One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design. I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play."

so

miyamoto is saying that he has his vision on game design.

americans play all games where they can shoot...and sometimes they "play" to shoot real people...

it's american culture...

miyamoto says that would be easy make a game design target to shooting game...

he makes what he design not what people want him to design.

as he explained at GDC.

it's his way.

you can accept or not.

miyamoto it's best game designer ever so he can say that making a game design similar to halo one it's easy for him.

and I believe that he is right!!!!!

no...miyamoto is not like kuturagi!!!

you can't give pearls to pigs...

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Most people that love Halo have probably never played PC FPS or N64 FPS before. 

Sigh... I call BS on this one. I've played dozens of FPS games in my life... Crap, I was a competitive CS player back in the days when it was still beta 6. Played it all the way through 1.6. I've played almost every FPS on the N64 and beat Goldeneye on 007 difficulty.

I have dozens of friends who I LAN with on a consistent basis who have done the same thing. Do you know what? At least 2/3rds of us absolutely love Halo.

Stop trying to pigeonhole Halo players simply because you don't like the game. Admit that it's a good game and move on. So what if you don't like it? I don't like fighters but you don't see me trolling forums telling everyone how they should take their copies of SSBM, Tekken, and Virtua Fighter and burn them because the games aren't as good as they think they are.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

souixan said:

Legend11 said:
And Super Mario Galaxy isn't just rehash of the old game ideas? (Stomp on your enemies, gain a power by breaking a box, collect coins, etc).

Did I say it wasn't? I said it was less of one then Halo which is truth like it or not.

Oh, for crying out loud... Stop comparing 20+ years of gameplay in Super Mario Bros. to 4 years of gameplay in Halo (since none of us have played Halo 3, no one can comment on it). I would hope that in that time, Myamoto changed up the gameplay a bit in the SMB series. I'm not bashing the series, I own and beat every damned one of them. They're great games.

Besides, Halo is a strict trilogy. This series ends after this. If Bungie decided to radically change their gameplay element in the third installment, don't you think that would kinda alienate their fanbase, not to mention throw their tightly-woven story for a loop?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

ALKO said:
ckmlb said:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20037961,00.html

Come to think of it, I could have made Halo too I just decided not to.....

NO YOU'RE WRONG!!!!

MIYAMOTO SAID:

"One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design. I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play."

so

miyamoto is saying that he has his vision on game design.

americans play all games where they can shoot...and sometimes they "play" to shoot real people...

it's american culture...

miyamoto says that would be easy make a game design target to shooting game...

he makes what he design not what people want him to design.

as he explained at GDC.

it's his way.

you can accept or not.

miyamoto it's best game designer ever so he can say that making a game design similar to halo one it's easy for him.

and I believe that he is right!!!!!

no...miyamoto is not like kuturagi!!!

you can't give pearls to pigs...

No he makes games that will sell jsut like almost everyone else does....

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Everyone does realize that New SMB and Nintendogs have both outsold Halo 2, right?

Putting Miyamoto to work on a FPS would be silly if for no other reason than the fact that he could be working on games which are guaranteed to sell better, but at the same time, his comment about Halo is unwarranted.

Frankly, why even acknowledge it? I've played it and Halo 2. The storyline is interesting, but it's a par FPS. You'll find a much better FPS experience on PCs and you'll have the luxury of aiming with a mouse instead of the asstacular analogue stick. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

He should have said something like... "I made Super Mario Bros. and I believe that is the best selling game ever."