By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anonymous Dev documents Wii U experience

Nice title. Overall i think the experience this anonymous person had with WiiU contradicts the experience of many well credited sources. like the DarksidersII dev who stated the port of WiiU was really easy and they did it very quickly without major compromise...FOR EXAMPLE!
So i dont know if would give this that much credit. Still Nintendo is always being know for not cooperating too much if anything with the West so even if i believe this is true, its not conclusive.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Umm it is who elses would it be??? LMAO. Whose job is it to foster and make a good system that attracts content? Whise job is it to sell and make their products viable and desired?? It's NO ONE but nintendo.

Devs would jump at a chance to put games on the wii-u if it was worthwhile, the issue is it isn't and that's all nintendo's fault.

You mean like developers jumped at the chance to make games like Resident Evil 4 for the Wii after it tripled Capcom's expectations? At some point you need to connect the dots after noticing the inconsistencies between how third parties treat each console manufacturer.

Speaking of connecting the dots, would you be upset if I got your account permabanned?

So Capcom had success porting a last gen game to the Wii. A bunch of devs did that with the WiiU by porting over PS3/360 games and look how well that turned out. Aside from maybe EA, I can't imagine devs skipping on the WiiU simply because they don't like Nintendo. If they can't get a decent return on the system, why waste time and money developing for it? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

lots of denial and ignorance in this thread. 3Rd parties dont make good games? holy shit. maybe the 3rd party drought on Wii corrupted peoples minds

Fusioncode said:
RolStoppable said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Umm it is who elses would it be??? LMAO. Whose job is it to foster and make a good system that attracts content? Whise job is it to sell and make their products viable and desired?? It's NO ONE but nintendo.

Devs would jump at a chance to put games on the wii-u if it was worthwhile, the issue is it isn't and that's all nintendo's fault.

You mean like developers jumped at the chance to make games like Resident Evil 4 for the Wii after it tripled Capcom's expectations? At some point you need to connect the dots after noticing the inconsistencies between how third parties treat each console manufacturer.

Speaking of connecting the dots, would you be upset if I got your account permabanned?

So Capcom had success porting a last gen game to the Wii. A bunch of devs did that with the WiiU by porting over PS3/360 games and look how well that turned out. Aside from maybe EA, I can't imagine devs skipping on the WiiU simply because they don't like Nintendo. If they can't get a decent return on the system, why waste time and money developing for it? 

3rd party games don't sell on the Wii U because most of them are crap. It's their fault for getting such a bad reputation: they're making the bad games for Nintendo consoles, not the other way around. 

Even if they made a good 3rd party game for the Wii U now it probably wouldn't sell well because of the bad reputation. 

Of course third party devs like to use the excuse that the demographic of the Wii U doesn't buy their kind of games. Well, what's stopping you from making a good and original kid friendly game like Pikmin 3 for example. Wonderful 101 is original, but not quite the same quality as Pikmin 3. Ain't a bad game from the looks of it, but not a great one either(of course for some people it will be a great one, opinions can differ after all). 

Max King of the Wild said:
lots of denial and ignorance in this thread. 3Rd parties dont make good games? holy shit. maybe the 3rd party drought on Wii corrupted peoples minds

This is what i'm trying to discourage here.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Max King of the Wild said:

This is what i'm trying to discourage here.

I'm pretty sure most people mean 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles. 

And like I said, if I wanted to play their games I could just buy most of them on the pc: I don't need a console for that. I just don't care for them, most of them are too focused on violence and sports. 

Let's keep it open and we can keep dropping tidbits like this link in here.

Back in 2012, 2K Czech's rumored project -- Mafia III -- was reportedly set to come to Xbox One and PlayStation 4. 2K's goal of having the game available for the launch of both systems was likely affected when 2K Czech suffered layoffs in 2011. However, with Mafia III remaining an unannounced project, we've never received any official word about its status.

This isn't the first restructuring 2K has done of late. 2K Marin, developer of BioShock 2 and The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, suffered major layoffs late last year, effectively shutting it down.

All of this is clearly the fault of Nintendo. They sold 100 million Wii's and five million Wii U's but they are the real problem and explain why developer after developer of expensive, realistic, "hard core" games are going bankrupt.

RolStoppable said:
Fusioncode said:
RolStoppable said:

FlamingWeazel said:

You missed the point. FlaminWeazel asserted that developers would be all over a Nintendo console, if it was worthwhile. The complete absence of Resident Evil 4-like games on the Wii is proof to the contrary. Capcom themselves never provided a follow-up, neither did EA whose Dead Space was not much more than a modified RE4. Other companies would have had to create new IPs (so more work), but that didn't happen either.

Didn't the Wii get an exclusive Dead Space? Most companies still see the Nintendo as a "kiddie" company which is why thei avoid bring mature titles over to their consoles. I don't agree with that sentiment but Nintendo has done little to change their branding. They designed the Gamecube to look like a lunchbox, and seem to be marketing the WiiU exclusively to kids nowadays. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Yes if devs and publishes could releases there games on N consoles and make money they would do it in a heart beat, this is obvious unless you think companies hate money....

It is Nintendos doing why their consoles are unattractive to most third parties and seen as a waste of time. They have done little to try to change this.

FlamingWeazel said:

Yes if devs and publishes could releases there games on N consoles and make money they would do it in a heart beat, this is obvious unless you think companies hate money....

It is Nintendos doing why their consoles are unattractive to most third parties and seen as a waste of time. They have done little to try to change this.

Mr Kahn and a few others will argue this point