By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anonymous Dev documents Wii U experience

S.Peelman said:
I'm not going to read this.

I'll probably won't believe a word anyway, and frankly I don't care in the slightest. Third parties mostly haven't been able to produce something good for generations now anyway, so as long as the specs fit Nintendo's needs and I get a mind-blowing Zelda (which will be a looker no matter the 'power') I'm happy.

got to love how delusional and blind ninty nation is.

yahh no good trd party gamesfor decades lol, just ride that sinking boat to the bottom be happy.

Around the Network

I feel like posting the entire OP on Doctor Tre's Youtube page lol Good read!

Good article. Read whole thing. Worth the read. Surprised Nintendo didn't support better.

as a wiiu owner and gamer all u defending ninty are pathetic, they make same mistake over and over and you all are making excuses for them.

hold them acountable for their sheer stupidity.

Turkish said:
It's not surprising seeing so many Nintendo fans dismiss the article as "3rd party talking shit about wii u whats new".
I hope some mod comes in and starts to warn these people for shitting up the thread. They havent even read the article the way they are dismissing this as another nintendoom thread.

Never has there been a more detailed report from a 3rd party wii u dev as to whats wrong with the console.

Unlike the people here who moan about 3rd parties, this guy actually made and delivered a game on their console, and explains the difficulty in doing so.

Mods please enforce your authority on this thread, thank you.

Both sides are quite at fault in this thread, from the accusations of actual programmers who are members here of being lazy to you and Subiya who are just repeating things from the OP and highlighting the negativity.

The obvious response here is to shut this thread down. The OP has a fair bit of merit (and it's a discussion worth having), but one which we are not mature enough to have, it seems.

My parting shot is that i don't understand why it's important that Nintendo engineers understand PSN and XBL.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Naum said:
I don't give a beep anymore... I don't buy Nintendo consoles for 3rd party titels...and I don't think I'm alone in that regard.

You're not alone... and that is exactly why (along with the inferior hardware and network infrastructure) 3rd parties are so reluctant to devote time and resources to developing games on the Wii U.

Imagine if the vast majority of Sony fans for example ONLY bought 1st party software such as GT, GoW, Uncharted, LBP, etc, along with the occasional 3rd party casual titles like music n rhythm, fitness or party type games, and the PlayStation versions of 3rd party multiplatform franchises like COD, Ass Creed, Madden, FIFA etc sold significantly less than their Xbox counterparts on a regular basis... do you think 3rd parties would still devote as many resources on Sony platforms as they currently do?  Hell no.

This is why Nintendo's 3rd party situation is stuck in an endless catch-22 cycle... Nintendo fans complain about 3rd parties and say they don't buy Ninty consoles for 3rd party titles , and then whine about the lack of 3rd party support and effor on their console when 3rd parties start complaining about the hardware issues, poor sales and lack of support from Nintendo.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

drake4 said:
snyps said:
drake4 said:
snyps said:
Its on the internet so it must be true?

Wiiu having trouble running most 360/ps3 games  makes anything believable, who would have thought this would happen after such a long generation.

Wiiu having trouble running most 360/ps3 games?  What 360/ps3 games are those?

AC4, batman orgins, and COD ghosts are all running 5-10 frames behind the 360/ps3 versions, and most launch games had the same problem, AC3, blops 2, micky mouse, and batman arkham city, even resident evil revelations.

it's the way you worded it that i had "trouble" with.  360/ps3 games run fine on the Wii U.  Calling one or two frame drops "trouble running" sounded hyperbole.

Interesting thread, I wonder if the op waited a few more weeks to post this, once the wii U numbers resettle to their normal values, if the responses would have been different in this thread

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

At the behest of another mod, i've unlocked this thread after we discussed how to improve quality of discussion. However, i'm going to be watching this like a hawk, and that means *no* trolling of other fanbases (man, you ____ fans are always like this) and *no* direct accusations of incompetence against other users who happen to be programmers. Don't just repost the negative points from the OP, either.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
At the behest of another mod, i've unlocked this thread after we discussed how to improve quality of discussion. However, i'm going to be watching this like a hawk, and that means *no* trolling of other fanbases (man, you ____ fans are always like this) and *no* direct accusations of incompetence against other users who happen to be programmers. Don't just repost the negative points from the OP, either.

That doesnt leave much to talk about, you might as well relock it rather than give it special treatment over other threads where companies were incompe....nvm.