By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anonymous Dev documents Wii U experience

FlamingWeazel said:
Samus Aran said:
fleischr said:
The developer here mentions that they used Visual Studio -- a microsoft made IDE. What kind of dev support might you expect from there? WiiU does allow the use of Unity Tools and HTML5 which should allow for easier cross-platform development.

The team behind the Darksiders2 port said it only took a team of 3 people 5 weeks to port the game, improve the graphics, and throw in some gamepad features

Like some sites of microsoft look bad on purpose on google chrome web browser(and vice versa I suppose). You'd think these developpers have some sort of common sense. No wonder they make mediocre games.

If what you said is true at least. 

Always someone elses fault, Nintendo can do no wrong all devs are lazy and make bad games, all hail mighty nintendo.

Nintendo makes faults as well. Just take a look at the uncreative and soulless New Super Mario Bros. series. Just as bad as the COD crap. Only COD games average 90% o metacritic for some reason. I bet those third party devs spent most of their money on bribing professional reviewers instead of actualy trying to make a good game. 

Putting Retro on a 2D Donkey Kong platformer is also a mistake. Don't get me wrong, the games are actually good, but let Retro make some good 3D games. Use another gaming studio to make a 2D Donkey Kong platformer. It will sell regardless of who made it. 

Nintendo also made plenty of mistakes when it comes to naming and advertising the Wii U. 

They're still much better than third party developers like EA though. 

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:

Always someone elses fault, Nintendo can do no wrong all devs are lazy and make bad games, all hail mighty nintendo.

How many times are you going to repeat the drivel. You're not adding anything constructive to the conversation. Seems you're just nitpicking certain comments also.

cannonballZ said:
FlamingWeazel said:

How many times are you going to repeat the drivel. You're not adding anything constructive to the conversation. Seems you're just nitpicking certain comments also.

It's ridiculous how much some nintendo fans have their head buried in the sane, and I only posted twice............people keep quoting I keep responding, that's how conversations work.

fleischr said:
The developer here mentions that they used Visual Studio -- a microsoft made IDE. What kind of dev support might you expect from there? WiiU does allow the use of Unity Tools and HTML5 which should allow for easier cross-platform development.

Crap, sorry. VS is the industry standard. Sony  uses it, MS too. And it's standard for a reason. It has its downsides, sure. But why choose another way? And they made plugins for VS, so BigN wants to support it. They just failed with it.

It's difficult to see how the wii u is that difficult to develop for when it's using the same cpu architecture as wii and the gpu is an old radeon design somewhere between ps3/360 level and ps4/xbox one level. Surely well documented.

Darksiders II has missing graphic detail on wii u and is inferior to 360/PS3 as are most multiformat games even those released recently.

The development difficulty seems to be getting the wii u to perform to 360/PS3 levels and they aren't managing it.

It's pointless viewing the wii u as a next gen performance console. Both 360 and PS3 will get more cutdown versions of ps4/xbone games and the few that are developed for wii u will probably run better on ps3/360 anyway.

You don't need to read this article to know the wii u is technically weak you only have to look at the games and its construction using low spec parts and fabrication process. It draws hardly any power despite using a power hungry fabrication process.

Nintendo had its eyes on manufacturing a very low console and selling it at a huge profit. Last time it worked for Nintendo but this time it failed and now they risk losing all the profits they made with wii by having to support and develop for a console that has a small userbase.

They should have done a quick fix like the 3DS dropped the price and done an ambassador program for early wii u buyers early last year. Instead they held their nerve and have paid the price for it. Now they will probably have to drop the wii u price even more dramatically to get reasonable sales figures.

You cannot expect people to pay top dollar for a low performance console with a limited range of games available.

Around the Network
snyps said:
drake4 said:
snyps said:
Its on the internet so it must be true?

Wiiu having trouble running most 360/ps3 games  makes anything believable, who would have thought this would happen after such a long generation.

Wiiu having trouble running most 360/ps3 games?  What 360/ps3 games are those?

AC4, batman orgins, and COD ghosts are all running 5-10 frames behind the 360/ps3 versions, and most launch games had the same problem, AC3, blops 2, micky mouse, and batman arkham city, even resident evil revelations.

I bought my Wii U for Nintendo games but I'd love a lot of third party support, too. The Gamepad really is awesome and I've experienced a lot of cool things done with it. I wouldn't mind seeing what somebody besides Nintendo could come up with. Hell, Kojima made a handheld game that required sunlight. The guy is creative as fuck and thinks of things nobody else would even consider (Psycho Mantis). By shutting out third parties, we're missing out on some greatness.

I hope there's a change in the Wii U condition. Maybe some unique killer IP will come along and create some developer excitement. I don't know. What I do know is I don't like the direction things are going, though. I think Nintendo fans deserve better.

Trying to blame Visual Studio now? Good lord.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Some in here don't seem to realize that the 3DS is as successful as it is because of 3rd party offerings. Not everyone wants to play only reiterations of Mario, Zelda and pokemon.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

RolStoppable said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Samus Aran said:

Like some sites of microsoft look bad on purpose on google chrome web browser(and vice versa I suppose). You'd think these developpers have some sort of common sense. No wonder they make mediocre games.

If what you said is true at least. 

Aren't you and others taking the stance that it is always Nintendo's fault, and isn't that just as bad?

Umm it is who elses would it be??? LMAO. Whose job is it to foster and make a good system that attracts content? Whise job is it to sell and make their products viable and desired?? It's NO ONE but nintendo.

Devs would jump at a chance to put games on the wii-u if it was worthwhile, the issue is it isn't and that's all nintendo's fault.