By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anonymous Dev documents Wii U experience

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Welp... I guess they made the same mistakes has Sony had when transitioning from SD to HD console... Except unlike Sony, their console is not as strong but its also not as hard to code for as the ps3 even though it is still harder than normal... I do have to wonder what "normal" is though, is it X86? Cause if it is.. than Lazy Developers... But if its being compared to the 360+ps3, then I guess not...

Oh well, Nintendo will have to Carry their console again and get help for the Japanese Developers as well like how they are doing with Altus for SMT X FE and Hyrule Warriors and Sega, etc

Which will all be unsurprisingly be rather mediocre games. Although I do have hope for SMT X FE, really want to see footage of that game. 

Around the Network

Reminds me of the PS3 launch, stay strong Ninty fans.

Samus Aran said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Welp... I guess they made the same mistakes has Sony had when transitioning from SD to HD console... Except unlike Sony, their console is not as strong but its also not as hard to code for as the ps3 even though it is still harder than normal... I do have to wonder what "normal" is though, is it X86? Cause if it is.. than Lazy Developers... But if its being compared to the 360+ps3, then I guess not...

Oh well, Nintendo will have to Carry their console again and get help for the Japanese Developers as well like how they are doing with Altus for SMT X FE and Hyrule Warriors and Sega, etc

Which will all be unsurprisingly be rather mediocre games. Although I do have hope for SMT X FE, really want to see footage of that game. 

Yea, didn't all we get last e3 was a picture of some city buildings? I really want to know how that game is going, there have been no word ever since they annouced it...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

FlamingWeazel said:
Samus Aran said:

I wouldn't buy a Wii U for third party games anyway. Most of them suck. And I don't like first person shooters, third person shooters, sports games, realistic racing games and realistic games in general.

I have a PC that can handle most third party games the PS3/XBOX360 have to offer. I don't even want to waste my money on their uncreative crap. I enjoyed GTA III and GTA Vice City, but after that the formula of psychopathic sandbox games became stale(for me). I'm a history student, so I bought Rome Total War II, and boy was I disappointed. Perfect example of most third party games: lazy uncreative games.

Games that take place in the present just don't do it for me. I rather play games that take place in the past(fantasy or realistic) or the future. Or fantasy games in general. 

/Rant over

Ah yes most third party games suck, nintendo is god, goitcha.................Most of the best and biggest games in the industry are third party.

I never said they suck for you, I said they suck for me. As for my opinion: no, the best games are first party. 

Just because a game is big doesn't make it good. Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not so sure about the first one. - Albert Einstein. 

The developer here mentions that they used Visual Studio -- a microsoft made IDE. What kind of dev support might you expect from there? WiiU does allow the use of Unity Tools and HTML5 which should allow for easier cross-platform development.

The team behind the Darksiders2 port said it only took a team of 3 people 5 weeks to port the game, improve the graphics, and throw in some gamepad features

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
fleischr said:
The developer here mentions that they used Visual Studio -- a microsoft made IDE. What kind of dev support might you expect from there? WiiU does allow the use of Unity Tools and HTML5 which should allow for easier cross-platform development.

The team behind the Darksiders2 port said it only took a team of 3 people 5 weeks to port the game, improve the graphics, and throw in some gamepad features

/thread

fleischr said:

Like some sites of microsoft look bad on purpose on google chrome web browser(and vice versa I suppose). You'd think these developpers have some sort of common sense. No wonder they make mediocre games.

If what you said is true at least. 

drake4 said:
snyps said:
Its on the internet so it must be true?

Wiiu having trouble running most 360/ps3 games  makes anything believable, who would have thought this would happen after such a long generation.

Wiiu having trouble running most 360/ps3 games?  What 360/ps3 games are those?

Samus Aran said:
fleischr said:

Like some sites of microsoft look bad on purpose on google chrome web browser(and vice versa I suppose). You'd think these developpers have some sort of common sense. No wonder they make mediocre games.

If what you said is true at least. 

Always someone elses fault, Nintendo can do no wrong all devs are lazy and make bad games, all hail mighty nintendo.

MikeRox said:
snyps said:
Its on the internet so it must be true?

I think Digital Foundry is a more reliable source than most. But if you subscribe to that. There's no point believing anything anyone says about anything.

it's an anonymous source.  And df isn't the safe place where no bias exists.